These quick & easy Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers are the perfect combination of tangy, but slightly sweet, buffalo sauce, chicken, celery, and blue cheese crumbles! It is a delicious weeknight dinner that is full of great flavor.
Quick & Easy Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
As most of you know by now, we absolutely love buffalo sauce! The tangy flavors that have a bit of heat and sweet are so good! No matter how you serve it – on a sandwich, in a wrap, or on a salad. We love anything with a little buffalo sauce! And these stuffed peppers are no exception. You can keep them simple and Whole30/Paleo compliant or you can dress them up with some amazing blue cheese crumbles. Either way they make a great dinner option!
What You Will Need
- bell peppers – we stuck with green bell peppers but you can use any color!
- shredded chicken – feel free to grab a rotisserie chicken or follow our tutorial on making shredded chicken (3 different ways)!
- onion powder, garlic powder, kosher salt, & pepper – a simple but delicious combination of seasonings.
- buffalo sauce – we love using our homemade buffalo sauce or you can grab your favorite one from the store.
- celery & green onion – a little green and crunch that compliment the buffalo chicken perfectly!
- optional: plain greek yogurt & mozzarella cheese – feel free to use or omit either one, you could also grab dairy-free versions of each if that’s your thing.
- toppings: ranch dressing, sliced green onions, and/or blue cheese crumbles – we love ALL the toppings but do what works for you!
Should Peppers Be Precooked Before Serving
Yes, it gives them a little extra time to soften a bit before adding the stuffing. We like to bake them for about 15 minutes before adding the stuffing. If you want a bell pepper that is very firm you could skip this step.
Meal Prep Tips
If you are looking to prepare as much of this meal as you can ahead of time you can easily do that with a few easy tips:
- shredded chicken – this can easily be made using one of our quick and easy ways to make shredded chicken (stove top, slow cooker, or Instant Pot) or you can grab a rotisserie chicken to shred.
- buffalo sauce – you can prepare our homemade buffalo sauce ahead of time and store in the fridge until you are ready to use it!
- prep ahead – Once you have the chicken, sauce, and other ingredients ready to go you can get through step 5 below (stuffing the peppers) and then cover and place in the fridge until you are ready for the final bake. Then they will bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes, uncovered.
Any leftover stuffed peppers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. When it comes to reheating, we love to pop them in the oven at 350 until warmed through. The microwave tends to make the pepper a little soggy.
How To Make The Best Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
Begin by shredding your chicken and adding the seasonings.
Place it in a bowl with the other stuffing ingredients.
Mix until fully combined.
Slice your bell peppers in half as shown and clean out the seeds.
Place the pepper halves in a baking dish and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Add the buffalo chicken stuffing and bake for another 15 minutes.
Top them any way you want and enjoy!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers – an easy, delicious and flavorful weeknight dinner option that comes together so quickly!
- 3 bell peppers, halved
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup buffalo sauce
- (optional) 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt or plain/unsweetened dairy-free yogurt
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 2–3 green onions, sliced
- (optional) 1/3 cup mozzarella, shredded (use dairy-free if you want)
- Toppings: ranch dressing, sliced green onions and/or blue cheese crumbles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare bell peppers by slicing them in half, lengthwise. Rub them all over with a little bit of olive oil. Place them in a baking sheet and bake 15-20 minutes or until soft, but firm.
- Meanwhile, place the shredded chicken in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle with onion powder, garlic powder, kosher salt and ground black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add buffalo sauce, greek yogurt (if using), celery, green onions and shredded mozzarella (if using). Stir to combine.
- Scoop the chicken mixture and fill each of the bell pepper halves.
- Return pan to oven and let cook another 15 minutes or until chicken is warm through.
- Serve with ranch dressing and blue cheese crumbles.
- Buffalo Sauce: we love our homemade buffalo sauce, but feel free to use any store bought kind you want!
- Paleo/Whole30: to make these paleo/Whole30 simply ensure you are using a compliant buffalo sauce, omit any kind of yogurt and cheese. Top with a compatible ranch dressing (like this one).
- Make Ahead: follow steps through Step 5 and then cover with foil and place in the fridge. Keep covered and place in the oven 30-35 minutes at 350 or until warmed through.
Keywords: buffalo chicken stuffed peppers