Easy Grilled Vegetables – a how-to guide on how to grill all of your favorite veggies!!! Become a grill master!
Grilling is one of my favorite ways to cook veggies (summer OR winter!). It is SO quick and easy and there is minimal cleanup!
Best Veggies to Grill
- Yellow Squash
- Bell Peppers
What to Serve with Grilled Vegetables
I love serving grilled vegetables with:
- Grilled Steak
- Grilled Corn on the Cob (in the husk)
- Grilled Chicken Breasts
- Grilled Chicken Thighs
- Grilled Potato Wedges
FAQ + Tips and Tricks
- Can I prep these ahead of time: Yes, you can cut your veggies the day before and then toss them on the grill when you are ready.
- What to do with leftovers: I love leftover grilled veggies just on their own, but they would are great in a little stir fry or steak salad.
- How to prepare veggies for the grill: After we trim and slice the veggies, as needed, we are really just drizzling them in a little olive oil and then sprinkling with salt and pepper – super simple! Of course, if you have a Italian dressing you can use that as a marinade as well!
How to Prep Veggies for Grilling
- Zucchini: cut off the ends and then cut the zucchini lengthwise in strips
- Bell Pepper: cut off the ends, cut out the white insides and then cut in half or into quarters
- Asparagus: break off any tough ends
- Onion: cut off both ends, remove skin and cut into thick slices
- Yellow Squash: cut off the ends and then cut the zucchini lengthwise in strips
How to Grill Vegetables
Step One: prepare veggies and then drizzle with olive oil. Massage oil into veggies and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Step Two: Grill at 450 degrees F. – most veggies (zucchini, bell pepper, onion and yellow squash take around 2-4 minutes per side and asparagus take about 5-6 minutes total.
Step Three: Remove from the grill and enjoy!
Other healthy grilled recipes you might like:
- Grilled Avocado
- Grilled Vegetable Salad
- Grilled Chicken Salad
- Grilled Veggie Kabobs
- Grilled Eggplan Bruschetta
- Grilled Pineapple Salad
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!Print
Easy Grilled Vegetables – an easy, quick way grill all your beautiful veggies!
- 1–2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- 1–2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 1–2 bell peppers
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 red onion
- 1 yellow squash
- Ensure grill grates are clean; preheat grill to 450 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, prepare your veggies and drizzle them in olive or avocado oil. Sprinkle them lightly with kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Once grill is hot add your vegetables in a single layer (you might have to do more than one batch depending upon how much you are grilling) over direct heat.
- Close the grill and let cook about 2-3 minutes.
- Open the grill and flip your zucchini, bell peppers and yellow squash. Rotate your asparagus. Close grill and let cook another 1-2 minutes. Then open and flip your onions. Close the grill.
- After another 2-3 minutes open the grill and your zucchini, bell pepper, asparagus and yellow squash should be done (if they don’t look done enough just close the lid and let them cook a bit more). Otherwise, place them on a platter. Let the onion cook another 1-2 minutes and then remove them from the grill as well.*
- Serve immediately.
- Every grill is different and some can be much hotter than others. Also, you might cut your veggie thicker than I did. Always use your eye when grilling and your best judgment – if your zucchini or asparagus are starting to look really charred, take them off. Or if you like a more crunchy grilled veggie – don’t cook as long. If you like a really well-cooked veggie – cook a minute or two longer. That being said, veggies really don’t take too long to cook on the grill so stay close and watch them carefully.
Keywords: grilled vegetables, grilled veggies, how to grill vegetables