This juicy and tender Pork Burger is a great way to switch up your regular burger night or to provide an alternative option at your next cookout. The flavor combination of the grilled pork burgers with the fresh sesame ginger slaw on top is amazing! The whole family is going to love them!
Simple Pork Burger Recipe
We love a delicious grilled hamburger as much as the next person, but sometimes you just need to change things up! And the flavors in this Asian-inspired pork burger are really going to wake-up your tastebuds. We love to make this easy burger recipe on a busy weeknight or when we have a crowd over for a backyard BBQ. This sesame ginger slaw is definitely what makes this burger – it’s similar to this Sesame Ginger Slaw that we use on our pork belly sandwich!
Love Burgers + Slaw – try our Salmon Burger + Green Goddess Slaw!!
What You Will Need
- ground pork – a delicious alternative to the classic ground beef hamburger.
- kosher salt & ground black pepper – simple seasonings that are always a must when cooking any type of meat.
- garlic – everything is better with a little bit of garlic.
- dijon mustard – you only need a little to add so much flavor!
- mayo & sriracha – the creamy sauce that brings a little heat to the slaw on top.
- green cabbage, purple cabbage, carrots, & green onions – a combination of fresh vegetables used to make the slaw, you could also grab a bag of coleslaw at the grocery store to skip all the chopping.
- rice wine vinegar – every slaw always needs a little vinegar for that tangy flavor.
- hamburger buns – any of your favorite varieties would work – regular, whole wheat, gluten-free, or even a lettuce bun!
- butter lettuce – add some slices to the bun for some added crunch.
- avocado – we love avocado on basically everything, but you can also leave it off.
- American cheese – option to use dairy-free cheese, if you want.
How To Make Pork Burgers
To start making this pork burger recipe, place all the burger ingredients in a large bowl.
Mix with a spoon or your hands to fully combine.
Form the pork burgers into patties. Push your thumb into the middle of the burger creating an indent. Season the outside of the burgers with salt and pepper.
Place the pork burgers directly on the preheated grill grates to cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until their internal temperature reaches 155 degrees F. Use a meat thermometer.
Option to add your favorite sliced cheese during the last few minutes of cooking.
Remove the burgers from the grill and let them rest for 5 minutes. Then place them on buns and top with the slaw or anything else you want!
Pork Burger Toppings
In this recipe card you will see that we included instructions for the best creamy sesame ginger slaw, butter lettuce, and avocado. But you can easily switch up any of those with any of your favorite toppings! We also love a classic burger sauce, fresh tomatoes, or pickles.
What To Serve With Grilled Pork Burgers
These easy pork burgers can be served with just about anything! We love enjoying them with some potato chips, American fries, grilled broccoli, air fryer asparagus, or some grilled potato wedges. If we are serving them for a cookout, we usually offer a variety of toppings and side dishes that everyone loves!
- Internal temperature for pork burgers: you want pork burgers to have an internal temperature of about 160 degrees F at the time you eat them. We suggest taking them off the grill at around 155 degrees F because they will continue cooking while they rest, resulting in a final internal temp of about 160 degrees F.
- Is ground pork healthier than hamburger: this really varies! It depends how lean the meat is that you are using. Different cuts of meat have different amounts of total fat, saturated fat, cholesterol, etc.
- Make ahead: these burgers can easily be made ahead of time! Just form the patties and store them in the fridge to toss on the grill the next day. You can also mix up the slaw the day before serving as well.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Pork Burgers – a juicy and delicious pork burger recipe served with sliced avocado and a spicy mayo slaw! Perfect summer recipe!
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
Spicy Mayo Slaw
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (more to taste)
- 2/3 cup green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup carrots, julienned
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- pinch of salt
- butter lettuce
- American cheese (or dairy-free alternative)
- sliced avocado
- bun of your choice
- Prep Grill: Ensure grill grates are clean and oiled. Preheat to medium-high heat.
- Prep Burgers: In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine ground pork, salt, pepper, garlic, worstershire and dijon mustard. Stir to combine. Divide into 3 equal parts and create patties. Push down gently in the center of each with your thumb to create an indent. Season the top with just a bit of extra salt and pepper.
- Slaw: In small bowl combine the mayo and Sriracha. Add green cabbage, purple cabbage, carrots and green onions to a medium bowl. Toss. Add in the mayo mixture, rice wine vinegar and pinch of salt. Toss to combine.
- Grill Burgers: Place burgers over direct heat for 4-5 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 155 degrees F. If using cheese, add when burgers reach approx. 153 degrees F. and close the lid to allow the burger to continue cooking and the cheese to melt. Remove from grill and set on a plate. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Serve: Take the bottom of the bun and add a piece of butter lettuce. Top with some slaw followed by the burger and then some avocado followed by a bit more slaw. Add the top bun and enjoy!
- Number of Burgers: you can definitely make 4 burgers instead of just 3, but they will cook down a bit and you might end up with 4 slider-sized burgers. When we created 3 burgers they were big enough to fit on a regular-sized burger bun. Cook time will also be a bit lower if you make 4 instead of 3.
- Storage: leftover burgers can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Store in a separate container than the slaw.
- Freeze: to make ahead, simply make patties and then place a piece of parchment between them as you stack. Place in a freezer-safe bag, label and place in freezer for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight and then grill according to the instructions above.
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Calories: 370
- Sugar: 2.6 g
- Sodium: 753.9 mg
- Fat: 28.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.4 g
- Protein: 20 g
- Cholesterol: 91.8 mg
Keywords: pork burger, pork burger recipe