Salmon Caesar Salad – a delicious salmon caesar salad recipe made with blackened salmon and homemade dressing!
- Combine dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pat salmon dry with clean paper towel.
- Rub salmon all over with blackened seasoning
- Drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil over seasoned salmon; rub into salmon.
- Bring a large cast iron skillet to medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil; swirl to coat the pan.
- Sear salmon (skin-side up) for approx. 1-3 minutes (or until there is a good char).
- Flip salmon over so skin side is down and place in the oven (middle rack and uncovered).
- Let cook 10-14 minutes or until fully cooked (internal temperature of 145 degrees F).
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Divide romaine lettuce between 4 bowls
- Place one piece of salmon in each bowl.
- Add parmesan cheese, avocado, hard-boiled egg and pickled onion (if desired).
- Top with homemade caesar dressing.
- Dairy-Free: to make dairy-free use a dairy-free caesar dressing such a Primal Kitchen or Tessemae’s and either omit the parmesan cheese or use a dairy-free alternative.
- Whole30/Paleo: to make Whole30/Paleo simply omit the parmesan cheese and use a Whole30 compatible caesar dressing such as Primal Kitchen or Tessemae’s.
- Grill Option: you can also grill the salmon if you want – prepare it as directed above and then follow the directions in this post!
Keywords: salmon caesar salad