Smoked Chicken Salad is a delicious smoked chicken salad recipe with grapes, cranberries, almonds and tons of flavor! Serve on a croissant, sandwich, bed of lettuce or enjoy as-is. No matter how you serve it, this is sure to become a summer staple!
Best Ever Smoked Chicken Salad
We are huge fans of ALL the summer smoked recipes and this one is no exception! Packed with amazing flavors and delicious ingredients – this will become a go-to summer salad for sure. Sweetened naturally with just a bit of honey and tons of other yumminess like grapes, cranberries, almonds, etc.!
Why This Recipe Works
- Smoked Chicken: love this version of a chicken salad using smoked chicken! The flavor is just so good.
- Greek Yogurt + Mayo: I loved the resulting flavor of using a little Greek yogurt and mayo here – feel free to use all Greek yogurt or all mayo depending upon your preference.
- Summer Favorite: it is light, refreshing and perfect to make ahead for busy summer lunches.
Smoked Chicken Salad Ingredients
- shredded smoked chicken: feel free to use any kind of smoked chicken here!
- plain greek yogurt: to make this dairy-free simply use a plain dairy-free yogurt as a substitute.
- mayo: we love our homemade mayo, but use whatever works best for you.
- dijon mustard: this adds a bit of acidity.
- honey: a touch of sweetness. Feel free to use more or less depending upon what you like.
- slivered almonds + red grapes + celery: these add a bit of crunch and pops of flavor.
- green onions + red onion: I like using two kinds of onion for a greater depth of flavor.
- kosher salt + ground black pepper: because you always need a little of each!
- dried tarragon leaves: these add an earthy flavor.
- lemon juice + grated lemon zest: this light and bright acidity really takes this salad to the next level!
How to Make Smoked Chicken Salad
Shred your chicken.
Add all your ingredients to a bowl.
Stir to combine.
Taste and adjust any flavors, as-desired.
Serve however you like!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!Print
Smoked Chicken Salad – a delicious smoked chicken salad recipe with grapes, cranberries, almonds and tons of flavor!
- 3 cups shredded smoked chicken*
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt**
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon honey (more to taste)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup slivered almonds or pecan
- 1 cup red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced (about 2 stalks)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1–2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- approx. 2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Combine ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Taste and add additional salt, honey, etc. as desired.
- Serve on a bed of butter lettuce or on a croissant – or however you like!
- * Smoked Chicken: you can use whole smoked chicken, smoked chicken breasts or smoked chicken thighs for your shredded smoked chicken.
- ** Dairy-Free: to make this dairy-free simply use a plain dairy-free yogurt as a substitute.
- Mayo Recommendation: we love this homemade mayo!
- Storage: store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and use within 3 days.
Keywords: smoked chicken salad