An Easy Dry Rub For Smoked Turkey
At our house we love using the smoker all year long and we love smoking turkey – especially with this dry rub all over it! You can use this rub when smoking a turkey breast, turkey tenderloin, or a whole turkey. A perfect option for getting that bird out of the oven on Thanksgiving to make room for all the delicious side dishes. Give this dry rub a try! It will really bring a ton of flavor to your turkey.
What You Will Need
- kosher salt & pepper – a necessity when seasoning any meat.
- ground mustard – this actually helps with binding the seasoning to the meat as it is cooking.
- garlic powder & onion powder – another combo that is a must when making any homemade seasonings or rubs.
- dried thyme leaves, dried parsley leaves, dried oregano leaves, & dried basil leaves – a delicious blend of herbs that pack all the flavor!
- dried sage leaves – a classic herb that compliments turkey perfectly!
Should I Season My Turkey Before Smoking?
Yes!! Once your turkey has completely thawed, you can pat it dry, rub it down with butter and then comes the seasoning! Make sure to rub it in all the nooks and crannies so that it covers all of your meat. Then you will place your turkey on the smoker.
Storing Smoked Turkey Dry Rub
This is the perfect dry rub seasoning to make 2-3 batches at a time so that you always have some on hand. You can store it in an airtight container in the pantry for up to 3 months. It will last longer than 3 months but some of the flavors might become a bit muted.
How To Make A Smoked Turkey Dry Rub
Step one – measure out your ingredients.
Step two – mix your ingredients together!
Step three – pat your turkey dry.
Step four – cover your meat with the dry rub. Option to marinate or brine your turkey before seasoning.
Step five – smoke your turkey and enjoy!!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Smoked Turkey Dry Rub – a delicious smoked turkey dry rub recipe with all the classic flavors! Perfect for turkey breast, whole turkeys, etc.!
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon smoked garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried sage leaves
- 1 teaspoons onion powder
Keywords: smoked turkey dry rub