Smoked Turkey Rub – a delicious smoked turkey dry rub recipe with all the classic spices and flavors! Perfect for smoked turkey breast, whole smoked turkeys, smoked spatchcock turkey, etc. and for your thanksgiving turkey!
Easy Smoked Turkey Rub Recipe
At our house we love using the smoker all year long and we love smoking turkey – especially with this dry rub all over it! You can use this seasoning when smoking a turkey breast, turkey tenderloin, or a whole smoked turkey. A perfect option for getting that bird out of the oven on Thanksgiving to make room for all the delicious side dishes. Give this dry rub a try! It will really bring a ton of flavor to your turkey.
Turkey Dry Rub Ingredients
- kosher salt & pepper – a necessity when seasoning any meat.
- ground mustard – this actually helps with binding the seasoning to the meat as it is cooking.
- garlic powder & onion powder – another combo that is a must when making any homemade seasonings or rubs.
- dried thyme leaves, dried parsley leaves, dried oregano leaves, & dried basil leaves – a delicious blend of herbs that pack all the flavor!
- dried sage leaves – a classic herb that compliments turkey perfectly!
Traeger Smoked Turkey Recipe Ideas
Should I Season My Turkey Before Smoking
Yes!! Once your turkey has completely thawed, you can pat it dry, rub it down with butter and then comes the seasoning! Make sure to rub it in all the nooks and crannies so that it covers all of your meat. Then you will place your turkey on the smoker.
Storing Smoked Turkey Dry Rub
This is the perfect dry rub seasoning to make 2-3 batches at a time so that you always have some on hand. You can store it in an airtight container in the pantry for up to 3 months. It will last longer than 3 months but some of the flavors might become a bit muted.
How To Make A Smoked Turkey Rub
Measure out your ingredients.
Mix your ingredients together!
Ensure your turkey is fully thawed – check out our tutorial on how to thaw turkey! Pat your turkey dry.
Smoke your turkey and enjoy!!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Smoked Turkey Dry Rub – a delicious smoked turkey dry rub recipe with all the classic flavors! Perfect for turkey breast, whole turkeys, etc.!
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon smoked garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried sage leaves
- 1 teaspoons onion powder
- Add ingredients to a small bowl; stir to combine.
- Pat turkey dry with clean paper towel. Drizzle with olive oil or rub with softened butter. (Optional: marinate first using our Best Turkey Marinade).
- Cover turkey with dry rub and smoke! We love this Smoked Turkey Breast recipe and our Smoked Whole Turkey recipe!
- Marinade: we love pairing this dry rub with our Best Turkey Marinade – such a good combo!
- Smoked Turkey: we have Smoked Turkey Breast + Whole Smoked Turkey recipes on the site that are SO good!
- Turkey Tenderloin: we also love this roasted turkey tenderloin recipe!
- Pellet/Wood Chip: I love using cherry or hickory with smoked turkey recipes.
- Gravy: Don’t forget to use your drippings to make Homemade Turkey Gravy!
Keywords: smoked turkey dry rub