Turkey Salad Recipe – a flavorful and easy leftover turkey salad recipe that is perfect for all of your Thanksgiving leftovers! Serve as-is, in a sandwich on slices of bread, in a dinner roll or as lettuce wraps!
The BEST Turkey Salad Recipe
This delicious recipe is full of flavor and packs some great crunch that really brings that leftover roast turkey, turkey breast or turkey tenderloin back to life! It is so good that you can eat it on its own, in a sandwich, or in a lettuce wrap. You will want to make sure you cook up a whole turkey so you have plenty of Thanksgiving leftovers for this amazing salad! This is one of the easiest ways to enjoy that turkey meat the next day, but we do have a variety of other leftover turkey recipes on the blog that you should definitely checkout!
What You Will Need
- shredded turkey – perfect for all that leftover Thanksgiving turkey, no matter how it was cooked.
- celery & apple – both provide lots of great added crunch to this tasty salad!
- mayonnaise – we love this homemade version or grab your favorite grocery store option. Greek yogurt is a great substitute if you want (we also love this Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad).
- kosher salt & pepper – a dash of each for some extra seasoning.
- dried cherries or cranberries – either one is a great option – just grab your favorite for a hint of sweetness!
- red onion – a nice mild onion flavor is good addition to this salad.
- slivered almonds – some added protein plus more great crunch!
- orange juice concentrate – a bit of added citrus is perfect for rounding out the flavor profile.
- apple cider vinegar – a classic vinegar that is used with lots of salad dressings and vinaigrettes.
- lemon juice – helps to bring out all the wonderful flavors!
- Other add-ins: any of the following would also make great additions – dijon mustard, green onion, pecans or other nuts, curry powder, garlic powder, lemon pepper, fresh dill or other fresh herbs.
How To Make Turkey Salad
Prep, chop and measure out your ingredients.
Shred your leftover turkey.
Next, add the remaining ingredients to the bowl.
Use a large spoon to fully mix together this easy turkey salad!
How Should I Serve Turkey Salad
Any way you want! This salad is so delicious that it could be eaten by itself, on a bed of lettuce, as a turkey salad sandwich or in a lettuce wrap. All of those options are so good!
We love enjoying it as a leftover turkey sandwich, on lettuce leaves (for a healthier option), or any other way you want!
How Long Is Turkey Salad Good In The Fridge
You can keep turkey salad in the fridge for up to 3-5 days. This is from the time that you cooked the turkey so it’s perfect for the few days after Thanksgiving!
Can I Freeze Turkey Salad
Yes, you can freeze turkey salad for up to 3 months. You will want to make sure that it is in an airtight freezer-safe container and know that when you freeze a dressing like mayo it will likely separate in the freezing process and become a little watery once it thaws. Thaw overnight in the fridge and mix well once it is fully thawed.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Other Leftover Turkey Recipes You Might Like
Turkey Cranberry Wrap
Leftover Turkey Noodle Soup
Leftover Turkey Wild Rice Soup
Turkey Pot Pie
Turkey Salad Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Counter Top
- Cuisine: American
Turkey Salad – a flavorful turkey salad recipe that is perfect for leftover Thanksgiving turkey! Serve as-is, as turkey sandwiches, or lettuce wraps!
- 3–4 cups shredded turkey
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1/2 large apple, diced
- 3/4 cup paleo mayo
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 3 tablespoon red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate (regular orange juice will work)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, as-needed.
- Serve as-is, on a sandwich or as a lettuce wrap!
- Other add-ins: a little dijon mustard is also a great addition as well as pecans or other nuts.
- Storage: store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 279
- Sugar: 14.2 g
- Sodium: 274.5 mg
- Fat: 12.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.6 g
- Protein: 22.2 g
- Cholesterol: 86.5 mg
Keywords: turkey salad
Originally published November 12, 2021.
Leave a Rating & Comment