Herby Green Monster Lettuce Wrap (Whole30-friendly)
This post is sponsored by Applegate®, the opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the companies that make The Wooden Skillet possible!
A quick, easy and delicious lunch or dinner option!
I am so incredibly exciting to be partnering with Applegate to bring you this Herby Green Monster Lettuce Wrap!
First, let’s talk about how amazing it is that Applegate deli meats are now carrageenan free and, thus, Whole30 compliant!! I am so excited about this! Applegate is one of my favorite companies – the quality of their products always blows me away! (I love their breakfast sausage and bacon!). No antibiotics, non-GMO project verified – those are the kind of products I want to be eating and feeding my family! And, lets be honest, they taste that much better because of it!!
Next, let’s talk about the wrap – As many of you already know, I am allergic to dairy, BUT I can actually handle a little bit of goat cheese (apparently there are different enzymes and proteins) – which I guess is pretty common for those with dairy allergies! I am so thankful I get to enjoy a little goat cheese now and again because it is AMAZING! Mixed with some herbs it pairs SO well with the avocado and turkey and other yummy veggies!
Finally, the lettuce wrap – I want to make sure you guys know how easy it is to put it together so here is an awesome video that does a good job of showing you how to do it!
Also, if you love a good wrap – here is a reader favorite – Chicken Bacon Club Collard Green Wrap!
- Herby Goat Cheese:
- 3oz creamy goat cheese
- 1/2 Teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 Teaspoon chives
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried basil
- (If Whole30 – skip the goat cheese and use a Whole30 compliant ranch)
- 2-3 slices Applegate Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
- 1 slice green pepper
- 2 slices cucumber
- 2-2 slices avocado
- micro-greens (optional)
- 6-8 large pieces of ice-berg lettuce
- Combine goat cheese and herbs in small bowl, set aside.
- Lay out a piece of large parchment paper.
- Take ice berg lettuce and lay pieces out on top of parchment, heavily overlapping each other, until it they make a good-size wrap.
- Layer goat cheese (or ranch), micro-greens, avocado, cucumber, green pepper and turkey.
- Taking the side that is closest to you, pick up parchment and fold over wrap ingredients.
- Cut in half.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting all things The Wooden Skillet.