Air Fryer Green Beans – You truly can’t go wrong with this air fryer green bean recipe. With minimal ingredients, fresh flavor, and a pop of healthy color, we’re sure you’re going to love them as much as we do.
Easiest Air Fryer Green Beans
We have come to know and love our air fryer and trust it to produce fast, flavorful, and healthy dishes every time. And these green beans are no exception. While this veggie can be smoked, blanched, steamed, boiled or roasted, we love air fried green beans because the cooking method doesn’t heat up the kitchen and the cooking time is about half of some other traditional methods. Follow along as we explore yet another way to get this nutritious vegetable on your dinner table with little effort.
Love green beans – try our Grilled Green Beans!
What You Will Need
- green beans – their mild flavor and versatility will have you grabbing for this vegetable time and time again.
- oil – olive oil or avocado oil are our favorites.
- kosher salt – this basic ingredient really makes this vegetable shine.
- black pepper – we love the subtle kick this classic seasoning provides.
- lemon juice – it’s almost magical how just a little bit can brighten and elevate almost any recipe.
- garlic – Must we say more? Everything tastes better with some garlic.
What Type Of Green Beans Should I Use
With so many variations of this classic vegetable, it can be confusing to choose the right type. Luckily for you, this recipe lends itself to multiple bean varieties; string beans (pictured in our recipe), french beans (thinner variety), or wax beans, which look just like string beans except that they’re yellow.
How To Make Green Beans In The Air Fryer
Trim your green beans and place them in a medium bowl.
Drizzle your green beans with olive oil and use clean hands to massage the oil into the beans, ensuring that they are all completely covered.
Sprinkle with kosher salt, pepper, lemon juice (if using) and garlic (if using).
Place green beans in your air fryer basket, then in your air fryer, and close.
Let your green beans cook for 6-9 minutes.
Remove your green beans from the air fryer, let cool slightly, serve and enjoy!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Air Fryer Green Beans – learn how to make green beans in the air fryer! So easy, very little prep and so delicious!
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 1–2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- 1–2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- (optional) 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- (optional) 1-2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- Preheat air fryer to 375 degrees F.
- Trim green beans and place in a medium bowl.
- Drizzle with oil and use clean hands to massage into beans ensuring they are fully covered.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt, pepper, lemon juice (if using) and garlic (if using).
- Place green beans in air fryer basket. Place in air fryer and close.
- Let cook 6-9 minutes.*
- Remove and let cool slightly.
- Serve and enjoy!
- *This recipe was tested in a Breville oven-style air fryer which tends to run a bit hotter than a basket-style. If using oven-style 6-7 minutes worked well for us. If using a basket-style, cook time will most likely be closer to 7-9 minutes.
- Storage: store leftover green beans in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords: airy fryer green beans