Buffalo Chicken Wrap – an easy, delicious and simple buffalo chicken wrap recipe that is packed with flavor! Perfect for lunch or an easy weeknight dinner!
A Quick & Easy Buffalo Chicken Wrap Recipe
Wraps are some of our family’s all-time favorite things to eat for a quick lunch or dinner! Whether it is a wrap with a tortilla, like a Chicken Caesar Wrap, or a lettuce wrap, like our Easy Beef Lettuce Wraps, we love the versatility of being able to top them any way you want and they are so easy. Plus, these delicious buffalo chicken wraps have the added bonus of BUFFALO SAUCE and as far as we are concerned, anything with buffalo sauce is perfection! Some of our other favorite buffalo recipes are Buffalo Wings, Buffalo Chicken Burgers & Easy Buffalo Chicken Wings. We love pairing that slightly spicy, tangy sauce with the always amazing blue cheese. They are a match made in heaven!
What You Will Need
- shredded chicken – you can buy pre-shredded chicken from the store, buy a rotisserie chicken and shred the meat or make some shredded chicken yourself!
- buffalo sauce – we love this homemade buffalo sauce! Or buy Frank’s Red Hot or Primal Kitchen’s Buffalo Sauce (for a Whole30/Paleo option)!!
- burrito-sized tortillas – just grab your favorite – we love these!
- romaine lettuce – perfect for adding some crisp, green to the mix or it can even replace the tortilla if you would rather have a lettuce wrap.
- celery – added for some more great crunch!
- blue cheese crumbles – the perfect compliment to buffalo sauce.
- ranch or blue cheese dressing – feel free to drizzle some inside the wrap or use them for dipping!
What Should I Put In This Wrap
In the wrap shown in the images below we used romaine lettuce, celery, blue cheese crumbles, and a little extra buffalo sauce (yum!). Other great options include ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing, tomatoes, red onion, hot sauce, carrots, cheddar cheese, other veggies, bacon, or even some hard-boiled egg! So many options!
This buffalo chicken wrap recipe is such a great option for meal prep! You can have all the filling ingredients ready-to-go in containers in the fridge so that when you are ready to eat this amazing creation you can just get out all the pieces, assemble the wrap, and devour! Perfect for tossing in a lunch for work or set-out all the ingredients at dinner time and everyone can assemble them the way they want for a super quick and easy dinner.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Wraps
Begin by smothering your shredded chicken breasts in the buffalo sauce of your choice.
Then, prep your other filling ingredients.
And start assembling by placing some lettuce in the middle of the tortilla.
Next, you can add the chicken and celery.
Then a generous amount of blue cheese crumbles and begin wrapping it up.
After you tuck in the sides, you can pull the bottom up over the filling ingredients.
Keep it nice and tight.
Roll it over and you have the perfect wrap!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Buffalo Chicken Wrap – an easy, delicious and simple buffalo chicken wrap recipe! Perfect for lunch or an easy weeknight dinner!
- Add chicken and buffalo sauce to a bowl; stir to combine. Feel free to add more sauce if you want!
- Lay down a burrito tortilla. Place some lettuce in the middle followed by some chicken, celery and blue cheese.
- Fold in the sides then take the side closest to you and fold over the ingredients. Continue rolling and folding away from your body until you have a finished wrap.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Creamy: if you want to lighten up any spiciness from the buffalo sauce you can always add in a dollop of plain greek yogurt or plain dairy-free yogurt with the chicken + buffalo sauce!
- Tortillas: feel free to use whatever brand you like! I really like the Siete tortillas, but use what you like.
- Shredded Chicken: you can buy pre-shredded chicken from the store, buy a rotisserie chicken and shred the meat or make some shredded chicken yourself! If you are using cold cooked chicken you can warm it up by simply placing it in a hot skillet over medium-high heat(lightly coated in olive oil) and moving it around until it warms through – feel free to season the chicken with salt, pepper and even a little garlic powder.
- Buffalo Sauce: we love this homemade buffalo sauce! Otherwise you can use Frank’s Red Hot or we also LOVE the Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce!!
- Other Add-Ins: of course if you want to add in some hard-boiled egg, bacon, tomatoes or other veggies – feel free!
- Serving: serve with some french fries for a super easy meal!
Keywords: buffalo chicken wrap