Chai Tea Latte Recipe – a perfectly sweet afternoon treat! (Paleo/Vegan/Dairy-Free)
Looking for a switch for your afternoon coffee? Might I suggest a chai tea latte?!
Chai Tea Latte Recipe
Back in the day, a soy chai tea latte from somewhere like Caribou or Starbucks was my go-to treat. Who knows what random ingredients made their way into that little cup – I haven’t had one since I did my first Whole30 almost a year ago. I kind of think I would take a sip and turn my nose up because it was too sweet now!
But I have missed the taste of my favorite drink and every so often I could really go for one, but I know I just won’t like the store-bought kind anymore. Soooo, I naturally got busy in the kitchen and experimented until I found the perfect combo!
Do you need to make your own chai tea mix?
Nope! I took the shortcut and just bought some of these chai tea bags …. super easy and cuts out a big step in this process!
Can I use other kinds of nut milk in this Chai Tea Latte?
Yes!! I have tried oat milk and cashew milk – both taste absolutely amazing in this recipe!
You HAVE to use real maple syrup!!! Please don’t use some store-bought/high-fructose “maple syrup” PLEASE! It really makes all the difference.
For a garish – you can throw on some whipped coconut cream and it is delicious!!
I really hope you guys have had a lovely week! We are finally going to have some spring weather this weekend so I cannot wait to get outside this weekend!! Have a good weekend!
A perfectly sweet afternoon treat! (Paleo/Vegan/Dairy-Free)
- 1 Chai Tea teabag or other brand of your choice
- 8 oz boiling hot water
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2–3 Tablespoons real maple syrup
- Let teabag steep in hot water, per package directions.
- In small saucepan, add almond milk and bring to a simmer, moving it around constantly so it doesn’t burn.
- Slowly pour in maple syrup, only 2 Tablespoons at first, whisking fairly constantly, until the maple syrup has fully combined.
- Taste to ensure it is quite sweet (the sweetness will be diluted when the tea is added).
- If it isn’t very sweet, add another Tablespoon of maple syrup and test again (continue until it is sweet).
- Add chai tea to almond milk mixture and ensure the temperature is hot.
- Pour into travel mug or coffee mug and enjoy immediately.
- Feel free to garnish with cinnamon or put a dollop of whipped coconut cream!
- Feel free to sub other nut milks – I have used oat milk and cashew milk and both work perfectly.
Keywords: chai tea latte recipe, chai tea latte, healthy chai tea latte
Thank you so much for reading & supporting The Wooden Skillet! This post contains affiliate links for products I actually use in my own home and personally recommend. Should you make a purchase using one of these links, The Wooden Skillet will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to bring you great original content. Thank you!