Easy Teriyaki Meatballs – a simple and delicious weeknight dinner that is packed with flavor! (Whole30 + Paleo + GF + DF)
The flavor of these teriyaki meatballs is INSANE!
Easy Teriyaki Meatballs
Who doesn’t love a good meatball recipe! Right?! These teriyaki meatballs are no exception. The meatballs themselves are a nice mixture of both ground beef and ground pork. The sauce is made with healthy, real ingredients and comes together quickly while the meatballs are cooking – it is packed with flavor!
What Kind of Veggies can I Add in?
As I talk about in the recipe card, below, you can easily add in some veggies to this recipe! I would suggest any of the following
- pea pods
- water chestnuts
- bok choy
What to Serve with Teriyaki Meatballs
If you would rather serve something on the side, I would recommend the following:
Quick ground beef recommendation:
If you are looking for a great “meat guy” I highly recommend Butcher Box (a service that delivers 100% Grass-Fed and Grass-Finished Beef, Heritage Breed Pork, Free-Range Organic Chicken and Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon). All of their meat, including their ground beef, is absolutely amazing. Click here for $20 off your first order + free bacon!
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Thank you so much for reading & supporting The Wooden Skillet! This post includes affiliate links for products I actually use in my own home and personally recommend. Should you make a purchase using one of these links, The Wooden Skillet will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to bring you great original content. Thank you!Print
Easy Teriyaki Meatballs – a simple and delicious weeknight dinner! Serve with cauliflower rice, regular rice and feel free to add in some veggies!
- 1 pound ground beef (I used 80/20)
- Approx. 1 lb of ground pork
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1 1/2 teaspoon orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon tapioca starch
- 1–2 cups broccoli florets (optional)
- cauliflower rice
- Combine ground beef, ground pork, ground black pepper, onion powder and garlic powder in medium mixing bowl. Use your hands to fully combine.
- Take approximately 1.5 tablespoons of the meat mixture and roll into a ball. Continue until all of the meat mixture is used.
- Bring a large cast iron skillet to medium high heat and add the meatballs. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes and then use a pair of tongs to flip. Continue moving the meatballs around as they cook.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan add the Teriyaki Sauce ingredients EXCEPT THE TAPIOCA STARCH (you will add that later) and let simmer while the meatballs are cooking.
- Once the meatballs are fully cooked (approximately 15 minutes) remove them from the cast iron skillet and place on a large plate; set aside.
- Pour the Teriyaki Sauce into the cast iron skillet and bring back to a simmer. Add the tapioca starch and use a whisk to combine. Continue simmering and stirring to allow the sauce to thicken, about 2-3 minutes.
- If you are adding any vegetables, add them now and allow them to cook slightly. The add the meatballs back into the pan and stir to coat them with the sauce.
- Serve immediately with cauliflower rice.
- I wouldn’t recommend seasoning the meatballs with any salt, the Teriyaki Sauce is coconut aminos-based and has a salty flavor, especially after it reduces. I would taste the final product first before adding any salt.
- Feel free to serve over cauliflower rice if Whole30/Paleo.
- If you aren’t concerned with Whole30/Paleo you could serve over rice or even noodles.
Keywords: Easy Teriyaki Meatballs