Baked Italian Meatballs – a simple and delicious way to make amazing meatballs! Perfect for spaghetti squash, zoodles or meal prep for the week!
Definitely add these to your weeknight menu!
Baked Italian Meatballs
I am all about the easy weeknight meals and these baked Italian meatballs are a new obsession of mine! Just grab a jar of your favorite marinara sauce (check the ingredients if Whole30/paleo), make some simple meatballs, toss them together in a casserole pan and voila! No fuss and little mess! My kind of meal!
Should you Brown Meatballs before Cooking
Short answer – you can if you want to! You can either sear them in a cast iron skillet before placing them in the casserole pan or you can just brown them in the oven before you add the sauce. For this recipe, I like to keep it simple and just throw everything in the oven and forget about it!
Are these Baked Italian Meatballs Meal-Prep Friendly?
Yes! These are such a great thing to make on Sunday afternoon! They take such little effort and they are perfect to have in the fridge to reheat for dinners, lunches or even a nice protein-packed snack!
What to serve with Baked Italian Meatballs
Here are a few serving suggestions and/or side dishes to go along with these!
- Spaghetti Squash (Instant Pot or Oven)
- Gluten-Free Noodles (not Whole30/Paleo)
- Roasted Broccolini
- Simple Steamed Green Beans
- Shaved Brussel Sprouts
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Thank you so much for reading & supporting The Wooden Skillet! This post includes affiliate links for products I actually use in my own home and personally recommend. Should you make a purchase using one of these links, The Wooden Skillet will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to bring you great original content. Thank you!Print
Baked Italian Meatballs – an easy and delicious way to make amazing meatballs! Serve over spaghetti squash or zoodles for a Whole30/Paleo option or with your favorite noodles! Also perfect for meal-prep!
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 jar marinara sauce (approx. 16oz)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine all of the Meatball ingredients in medium mixing bowl and mix thoroughly (using your hands is usually the easiest).
- Take a heaping tablespoon of the ground beef mixture and use your hands to roll it into a meatball. Continue until all the meat is used (you should have around 20 meatballs).
- Place meatballs in medium-sized casserole dish, approximately 1/2 – 1 inch apart.
- Sprinkle the tops lightly with salt and pepper and cover with marinara sauce.
- Cook for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- If Whole30/Paleo make sure and check your ingredients on your spaghetti sauce!
- If Whole30/Paleo serve with spaghetti squash or zoodles
Keywords: baked Italian meatballs