Easily learn How to Make Homemade Whipped Cream with only 3 ingredients and in only 10 minutes! You will have light and fluffy whipped cream that will have you ditching those store bought options once you see how simple and delicious it is to make your own!
A Simple Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe
Everybody loves a delicious dollop of whipped cream on top of their strawberry shortcake, desserts, pancakes, fruit, basically anything because whipped cream is so good! We have tried a variety of options from our local grocery store but none of them are as light and delicious as our homemade recipe. This recipe only uses 3 ingredients and can be whipped up in about 10 minutes – it’s so easy!! Once you try it, you will never buy whipped cream at the store again. The whole family will love enjoying this on everything!
We also have a dairy-free whipped cream option, if that’s your thing!
What You Will Need
- heavy whipping cream – this contains about 36% milkfat which makes it perfect for making whipped cream! Anything with a lower milkfat content won’t get as rich and creamy.
- vanilla extract – a splash for some added flavor!
- granulated sugar – added for a bit of sweetness.
Can You Make Whipped Cream By Hand
You could, but it takes an incredibly long time! We highly recommend that you use a stand mixer or handheld mixer. Trust us, your arm will thank you! When you use an electric mixer you will have perfectly whipped cream in a matter of minutes.
What If The Whipped Cream Begins To Curdle
Make sure you keep an eye on your whipped cream because if it mixes for too long it will begin to have a curdled texture. If this happens you can simply add in more cream 1 tablespoon at a time until the texture smooths out.
Best Ways To Serve Homemade Whipped Cream
You really can serve this amazing whipped cream on just about anything! Here are some of our favorites:
- fresh fruit: dip them or just plop a dollop on top
- dessert: this is perfect for serving on a healthier strawberry shortcake (we also have a gluten free option), blueberry crisp, pumpkin pie, or apple crisp.
- breakfast: our kiddos love dressing up breakfast with a little on their pancakes and waffles!
- beverages: another family favorite is to place some on top of a hot chocolate in the winter or a smoothie in the summer!
This homemade whipped cream will definitely be best when used right away, but you can store it in an airtight container or piping bag in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. You can also store it in the freezer for up to 2 months and then thaw in the fridge when you are ready to use it. If it starts to lose it’s fluffiness you can always toss it back in the mixer for a bit.
How To Make Homemade Whipped Cream
First, make sure you place the mixing bowl in the freezer for about 30 minutes before you are going to make it.
Next, gather your ingredients.
Place them in the chilled mixing bowl.
Then use a stand mixer or hand mixer to whip it until it forms stiff peaks.
Enjoy any way you want!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Dairy-Free Cream Cheese Frosting
How To Make Sweet Cream Cold Foam
Scallion Cream Cheese
How to Make Homemade Whipped Cream
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 cups 1x
- Category: How-To
- Method: Counter Top
- Cuisine: American
How to Make Homemade Whipped Cream – make your own whipped cream at home with this simple recipe! Perfect for strawberry shortcake!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Place large metal bowl in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove bowl from freezer. Add ingredients to bowl.
- Using either a stand mixer with a whisk attachment or a hand mixer, whip ingredients together on med/high speed for approx. 3 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
- Use in your favorite recipes – we love serving it with this Healthier Strawberry Shortcake or Blueberry Crisp.
- Dairy-Free: we have a dairy-free whipped cream recipe if that is what you are looking for!
- Storage: in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 days and the freezer up to 2 months.
Keywords: how to make homemade whipped cream
Leave a Rating & Comment