Shrimp Rice Bowls
There is nothing better than tossing a few, real ingredients in a bowl for a super quick and easy lunch or dinner that is packed with flavor! This very basic recipe is on regular rotation in our house for weekend lunches/dinners or even a quick work lunch. Once you try it, you will have it on regular rotation in your house too!
What You Will Need
- Jumbo shrimp, deveined and shelled – this is the main player and can be cooked any way you want.
- Ghee or olive oil – use ghee if you are concerned with the recipe being Whole30.
- Kosher salt & pepper – a simple and perfect seasoning for the shrimp.
- Brown rice – just grab your favorite rice – brown rice, white rice, jasmine rice – we love to cook our rice in the Instant Pot!
- Avocado – the perfect pairing to the shrimp and rice!
- Soy sauce or tamari or coconut aminos – lots of flavor and if you are concerned about Whole30 use coconut aminos.
- (optional) Fresh cilantro – everything tastes better with a touch of fresh cilantro!
Can You Use A Different Protein Than Shrimp?
Absolutely! You can easily substitute the shrimp with chicken, steak, or even tofu. Feel free to mix it up!
Storing Leftovers or Meal Prep
Cooked rice and shrimp can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Just make sure you wait to add the avocado until after it has been reheated and you are ready to eat. You also might want to add a little more soy sauce/coconut aminos after reheating because the rice can soak up quite a bit.
How To Make a Shrimp Rice Bowl
Season your shrimp with salt and pepper.
Pan-fry shrimp in ghee or olive oil for about 2 minutes on each side.
Add shrimp to a bowl with cooked rice and the rest of the ingredients.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Shrimp Rice Bowls – an easy, delicious and healthy recipe for shrimp rice bowls – cook shrimp on the grill or stove top!
- 12 jumbo shrimp, deveined and shelled
- 1–2 tablespoons ghee or olive oil
- 1–2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari or coconut aminos)
- chopped cilantro (for garnish – optional)
- Pat shrimp dry and season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Place large cast iron skillet on stove and bring to medium-high heat.
- Add some of the olive oil or ghee and swirl to coat the pan.
- Place shrimp in hot pan and let cook approx. 1-2 minutes per side or until meat is no longer translucent. Add additional oil or ghee, as needed, to keep pan from drying out.
- Remove shrimp from pan.
- Divide rice, avocado and shrimp between two bowls.
- Drizzle with soy sauce (or tamari or coconut aminos) and top with a little cilantro.
- Grilled Shrimp Option: you can also grill your shrimp instead – find out how here!
- Smoked Shrimp: you can also smoke your shrimp!
- Instant Pot Brown Rice: here is a great recipe for IP Brown Jasmine Rice!
- Broccoli: some grilled broccoli or broccolini would also go great in here to complete the meal!
- Marinade: if you want to marinade your shrimp before you cook it – here is our Best Shrimp Marinade!
Keywords: shrimp rice bowls