Easy Shrimp Tacos + Chipotle Lime Slaw is an easy shrimp taco recipe your whole family will love! A creamy chipotle lime slaw is topped with some cilantro lime shrimp (that can be cooked on the pan fried or grilled) with some amazing toppings like grilled corn, red onion, bacon and crumbled cotija cheese.
Easy Shrimp Tacos
We aren huge fans of all-things shrimp over here (this Shrimp Stir Fry + Stir Fry Sauce is a current fav) and these Shrimp Tacos might have to go to the top of the list! We start with a creamy Chipotle Lime Slaw and top it with delicious shrimp (marinated in a little cilantro-lime marinade). You can either pan-fry your shrimp or grill your shrimp! Both are quick and easy. Then build your yummy tacos by adding in whatever toppings you want (we especially love the grilled corn because it gives that beautiful burst of flavor). Cannot wait for you to try these!
Another reason these are SO GOOD … we are using Primal Kitchen’s Squeeze Chipotle Lime Mayo with Avocado Oil. That spiciness and creaminess is the base of this whole recipe and the flavors just shine through. It is an update to their classic mayo and I am loving the spice here – plus simple, real ingredients!
Love Shrimp Recipes – try our Shrimp Scampi Pasta!
What You Will Need
- Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayonnaise: love the zest and spice level here!
- sour cream: you can use dairy-free or regular sour cream here.
- garlic + lime juice + coconut sugar: these round out our slaw sauce and balance things out with a little acid and sugar.
- green cabbage + green onions + fresh cilantro: love this combo for a slaw. You could also add in some chopped green pepper or even a anaheim peppper.
- shrimp: I highly recommend using fresh shrimp, but frozen works just fine. Ensure it is fully thawed and I would recommend remove the shell and tail.
- olive oil + lime juice + lime zest + kosher salt + fresh cilantro: these make up our little cilantro-lime marinade for the shrimp.
- tortillas of your choice: you can use gluten-free or not.
- Toppings: fresh lime wedges + red onion + cooked bacon + avocado
- grilled corn: we love grilling our own corn!
- cotija or feta cheese: if you are dairy-free I would a dairy-free feta in place of the cotija cheese crumbles.
Other Shrimp Recipes You Might Like
- Easy Shrimp Marinade
- Shrimp Caesar Salad
- Blackened Shrimp
- How to Grill Shrimp
- Fresh Shrimp Spring Rolls (+ dipping sauce)
- Ultimate Shrimp Salad
How to Make Shrimp Tacos
Mix together your slaw ingredients.
Toss your shrimp in the quick marinade.
Cook your shrimp on the stove-top or grill.
Put everything together in your tortilla of choice with ALL the toppings!
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Favorite Steak Tacos
- Ahi Tuna Tacos
- Blackened Salmon Tacos
- Pork Belly Tacos
- Easy Pulled Pork Tacos
- Tilapia Fish Tacos
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!Print
Easy Shrimp Tacos + Chipotle Lime Slaw
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner/Entree
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Shrimp Tacos + Cilantro Lime Slaw – an easy shrimp taco recipe that is packed with flavor! Loaded with cojita cheese, grilled corn and more!
Chipotle Lime Slaw:
- 1/4 cup Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream (regular or dairy-free)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1–2 teaspoons coconut sugar (start with one teaspoon and then taste)
- 3 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (or more) fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 lb large shrimp, shelled and thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 –1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- tortillas of your choice (regular, street taco, gluten-free, etc)
- additional fresh cilantro, chopped
- fresh lime wedges
- red onion, chopped
- cooked bacon, crumbled
- grilled corn
- cotija or feta cheese, crumbled
Chipotle Lime Slaw:
- Combine Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, lime juice and coconut sugar in a small bowl; whisk to to combine.
- Place green cabbage and green onions in a large bowl. Pour mayo mixture on top. Add pinch of salt. Toss to combine. Add cilantro right before serving.
- Place shrimp in a medium bowl; ensure they are fully thawed (if originally frozen) and remove the shell/tail.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, lime juice, lime zest and salt.
- Pour lime mixture over shrimp along with fresh cilantro; toss to coat.
- Let shrimp marinate 20-30 minutes.
- Bring a large cast iron skillet to medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil; swirl to coat the pan (alternatively you can grill your shrimp).
- In batches, if necessary, add shrimp and cook 1-2 minutes per side (depending upon how thick or big they are) or until they are no longer translucent.
- Remove from pan and set on a plate.
- Build your tacos by taking a tortilla of your choice and adding your slaw. Top that with shrimp, grilled corn, red onion, bacon, avocado, cotija cheese and more fresh cilantro. Squeeze fresh lime juice over top and serve!
- Gluten-Free: to make this recipe dairy-free simply choose a gluten-free tortilla.
- Dairy-Free: to make this recipe dairy-free simply use a dairy-free sour cream and use a crumbled dairy-free feta cheese instead of the cotija.
Keywords: shrimp tacos
Leave a Rating & Comment