Warm Cinnamon Oatmeal Bake + Apples, Blueberries and Peaches is the perfect breakfast for a crowd and can be prepped the night before – got company for the weekend (or upcoming holidays)? This is a recipe you are going to want to save!
I have the perfect breakfast recipe for you guys – seriously you are going to want to save this one. Tuck it away. Pin it. Do whatever you need to do – let’s be honest, the holiday season is looming. So many breakfasts where you need to feed a ravenous crowd. Let’s be even more honest with ourselves…. cooking eggs to order gets old pureeeety fast. I mean real fast. This oatmeal bake can be prepped ahead of time and then tossed in the oven in the a.m. and boom – 45 minutes later you have a piping hot, delicious breakfast that can be served a multitude of ways.
One of the beautiful parts of this recipe is that you can really mix it up however you want. Don’t like peaches – that’s cool. Don’t use them. Try strawberries, nuts, flax seed, chocolate (oooooh chocolate – damn I should have thought of that sooner…..) you get the point. Make it how you want it. The basic recipe for plain ‘ole oatmeal bake is here for you to mess with and make your own. Try something new and I bet it will turn out better than you expected.
If you are an early riser you can make it from beginning to end in the morning, but I have also prepped and mixed everything, poured it into the pan ready to go and simply popped it in the oven in the morning (I am very rarely an early riser). Serve with yogurt, milk, honey, syrup…. you name it.
- 4 cups oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/4 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk (or regular milk)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter (you could also use ghee, if desired)
- 1 large apple, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 cups blueberries (frozen is fine)
- 1 can peaches, cut into bite-sized chunks (you can use fresh peaches, but the canned peaches just seem to hold up better through the mixing/baking process)
- Preheat oven to 350
- In large mixing bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon;
- In smaller mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, and vanilla;
- Pour the wet ingredients into the large bowl with the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Add apple, blueberries and peaches;
- Pour melted butter (or ghee) on top and mix again.
- Pour mixture into deep 7×11 pan (spray with olive oil) – feel free to place extra peaches, blueberries or apples on top for garnish as well as extra cinnamon;
- Bake for 45 -50 minutes;
- Let cool slightly.
- Serve with unsweetened almond milk, if desired.
Looking for other breakfast ideas?