Our quick and easy Garlic Butter Steak Bites are seared to perfection and you need to make them for dinner tonight! Turn your favorite cut of beef into the most juicy, tender steak bites that are tossed in the most amazing garlic butter sauce!
The Best Garlic Butter Steak Bites
During the summer months you will find us making grilled steaks on the regular, but in the chilly winter months the grill isn’t as accessible. Therefore, we perfected a beef tenderloin steak tips recipe and these easy steak bites with garlic butter! It is a super easy meal that you can even make for weeknight dinners Just serve with your favorite side dishes, like mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus, fluffy rice, or sautéed zucchini! No matter how you serve it up, these juicy garlic butter steak bites are going to be loved by the entire family.
And if you are looking for different ways to cook steak, you should try our Sous Vide Steak!!
What You Will Need
- ribeye steak – we prefer this type of beef steak but any cuts of beef should work – a top sirloin steak or NY strip steaks would be good too!
- kosher salt & black pepper – simple seasonings that are always a must when cooking any type of meat.
- olive oil – just a little bit in the skillet to help sear the outside of these flavorful steak bites.
- butter – helps to give you a nice golden brown crust around the outside of the steak pieces.
- fresh garlic – everything is always better with some minced garlic in the mix.
- fresh parsley – a fresh herb that makes a nice garnish at the end of this recipe card.
How To Make Garlic Butter Steak Bites
The first steps to making this easy meal are to gather the handful of ingredients. Cut your choice of beef into bite-size pieces with a large kitchen knife and cutting board.
Now, place the chunks of steak in a large bowl and toss with salt and pepper.
Bring a large cast iron skillet to a medium high heat and drizzle in the olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Once it is hot, add some of the steak cubes to get a good sear on the top and bottom (1-2 minutes). Pro tip – do not crowd the pan! You will need to do this searing in batches to get a nice crust.
After the seared steak bites are seared on the outside, place them to the side. Then add butter and garlic to the pan to melt and become fragrant.
Bring the steak back to the pan and continue tossing and cooking in that amazing garlic butter sauce until they are cooked to your liking.
Best Ways To Serve Garlic Butter Steak Bites
There are so many ways to enjoy this delicious main course! We love to keep it easy and toss them in a bowl with white rice and some sautéed zucchini. They are also great with some sweet potatoes, steamed broccoli, or oven roasted green beans! Just make sure you sprinkle on some chopped parsley for some color and maybe a few red pepper flakes, if you like a little kick of heat!
Absolutely! The meat department at your local grocery store typically has stew meat available which would eliminate the cutting step. Making it even more simple to cook this easy recipe.
Besides adding the most amazing flavor, coating the outside of seared steak in butter gives you an even, golden brown crust. And it helps to distribute all those amazing flavors for a steak that is out of this world!
Made this delicious recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
A delicious and easy Garlic Butter Steak Bites recipe that is packed with flavor and comes together in just 30 minutes!
- 1 pound ribeye steak, cut into 1 inch pieces (trim excess fat)
- kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2–3 tablespoons butter (sub ghee)
- 2–3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Prep Beef: Cut rib eye steak into 1 inch sized pieces. Pat dry with clean paper towels and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Sear Beef: Bring a large cast iron skillet to medium-high heat. Add oil and swirl to coat the pan. When oil is nice and hot (pan should sizzle if you flick it with water) sear steak on both sides (approximately 30-60 seconds depending upon how thick the pieces are). Your goal is not to fully cook them, but just sear each side. Remove from the hot skillet and place on a nearby plate. Cook steak bites in batches, so you do not crowd the pan and add additional oil, as needed, if pan dries out.
- Finish in Garlic + Butter: Once steak pieces are seared add butter and garlic to the large skillet and let melt. Add steak pieces back in (along with any juices that have settled on the plate) and toss in the the butter. Continue tossing the steak pieces until they have reached your desired doneness (use an instant-read meat thermometer to track). For a medium-rare finish you will want an internal temperature of 130-135 degrees F.
- Serve: Serve with rice and sauteed zucchini for the perfect meal!
- Steak: I highly recommend using high-quality cuts of meat, such as a ribeye (for the best flavor), but new york strip steak works well here too.
- Paleo/Whole30: use ghee in place of butter to make this Whole30 compatible and/or paleo.
- Storage: store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 4 oz
- Calories: 262
- Sugar: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 83.6 mg
- Fat: 17.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.8 g
- Protein: 25.1 g
- Cholesterol: 72.3 mg
Keywords: garlic butter steak bites, steak bites with garlic butter, garlic steak bites, easy meal, dinner recipe