Watermelon Mint Salad –
If you are looking for your next refreshingly light summer salad, look no further – this is it!!! The perfect side dish for all of those dinners on the grill. (Paleo, GF, DF, + Plant-Based)
Start chopping that watermelon now!
It is no surprise that we love to grill!! All summer long! And when I can make a side dish that is light, healthy, easy, and a delicious add to the meal – I am over the moon! This salad is just that. It screams summer with mint fresh from the garden and all the watermelon. It’s super simple to throw together and the whole family will love it.
What You Will Need
This salad has:
- Watermelon – love using this for salads – It always seems to be a hit
- Kosher Salt – to help bring out the flavors
- Fresh Lime Juice – this brings a bit of acidity to the dish!
- Honey (omit if Whole30) – this isn’t over-powering at all and just accentuates the sweetness of the watermelon
- Olive oil – this helps create a bit of a dressing for the salad
- Fresh Mint – there is just something about the combination of mint and watermelon – so refreshing
Here is How Easy it is:
First, cut-up the watermelon.
Next, add the rest of the ingredients.
Then, mix everything together.
Serve and enjoy!!
Recipe FAQ’s and Tips
- What Should I Serve with this Salad? This amazing salad could go with pretty much anything but we especially love it with all the grilled foods like chicken, shrimp, salmon, etc. Here are a few ideas for you:
- Can I Double this Recipe? Absolutely! This can easily be doubled and would make a great addition to any BBQ.
- Can I Make this Ahead of Time? You could prep the watermelon and cut it up ahead of time but I wouldn’t add the other ingredients until just before the time you will be serving it for the best results.
How to Pick a Good Watermelon
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Thank you so much for reading & supporting The Wooden Skillet! This post includes affiliate links for products I actually use in my own home and personally recommend. Should you make a purchase using one of these links, The Wooden Skillet will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to bring you great original content. Thank you!
- 1/2 watermelon, cut into cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice (approx. the juice of 1/2 a lime)
- 1 Tablespoon honey (omit if Whole30)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- Combine: Combine ingredients into medium/large bowl
- Stir: Stir to combine.
- Serve: Serve immediately.
- Make Ahead: If you want to prep this ahead of time I would recommend cutting up the watermelon, but I wouldn’t add the other ingredients until right before serving for best results!
- Easily Doubled: This recipe is easily doubled for a crowd!
- Basil: Fresh basil would be a fun addition or substation for the mint!
- Feta: Of course, if you aren’t dairy-free add into 1/4 -1/2 cup crumbled feta!
- Whole30: If you are Whole30 simply omit the honey!
Keywords: watermelon salad, watermelon mint salad