This light and refreshing Watermelon Mint Salad is the perfect side dish for all of those hot summer days! Made with only 6 real, simple ingredients this easy salad recipe comes together in under 5 minutes. A great side dish for a family dinner night or to feed a crowd at your next family gathering or summer potluck!
Easy Watermelon Mint Salad
To us, watermelon is the fruit of the summer and it is always on the summer menu! We absolutely love to grill all summer long and when we can make an easy summer side dish that is light, healthy, easy, and a delicious addition to our summer meal – we are over the moon! This fruit salad is just that. It is the essence of summer with fresh mint from the garden and all the watermelon. Super simple to throw this watermelon salad recipe together and the whole family will love it. It is the best watermelon mint salad, you will be coming back to it again and again!
What You Will Need
- sweet watermelon – if you are wondering how to cut this very large fruit, check out our simple tutorial! You can also freeze any extra watermelon cubes to use in a smoothie later!
- kosher salt – just a little bit to help bring out the flavors.
- fresh lime juice – this brings a bit of acidity to this easy side dish!
- honey – added for an extra touch of sweetness, but can be omitted if you want.
- olive oil – this helps create a bit of a dressing for the salad.
- fresh mint leaves – there is just something about the combination of mint and watermelon – so refreshing and total summer vibes!
How To Make Watermelon Mint Salad
The first step to making this easy watermelon salad is to cut the watermelon into bite size pieces with a large, sharp knife.
How To Pick A Good Watermelon
Sometimes this process can definitely be a little tricky and there is nothing worse than cutting in to a juicy watermelon and you can’t use it. We found a great article on How to Pick a Good Watermelon to help you out! To keep things easy, we love to use a seedless watermelon as the main ingredient for this recipe.
Next, place the cubed watermelon in to a large bowl and add the rest of the ingredients.
Then mix everything together.
Place in a large serving bowl and enjoy!!
Best Way To Serve Watermelon Mint Salad
You can honestly serve up this easy salad with just about anything! A few of our favorites are grilled salmon, grilled chicken breasts, cilantro lime shrimp, and grilled chicken thighs. That combination of warm food right off the grill and the cool sweetness of the watermelon salad are a match made in heaven!
This easy salad recipe is a classic salad just the way it is written in the recipe card. But if you are looking to change it up a bit you could use other fresh herbs, like fresh basil or parsley. We also love adding some thin slices of red onion, balsamic vinegar, or some pre-crumbled feta cheese on top of the salad to make a watermelon feta salad with mint!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Watermelon Mint Salad – looking for a refreshing, light summer salad look no further – this is it! Perfect side dish for any cookout!
- 1/2 fresh watermelon, cut into cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice (approx. the juice of 1/2 a lime)
- 1 tablespoon honey (omit for Whole30)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir to fully combine.
- Serve immediately.
- Make Ahead: If you want to prep this ahead of time I would recommend cutting up the watermelon, but I wouldn’t add the other ingredients until right before serving for best results!
- Easily Doubled: This recipe can easily be doubled for a crowd!
- Basil: Fresh basil leaves would be a fun addition or substitution for the mint!
- Feta: if you aren’t dairy-free, you could add 1/4 -1/2 cup of crumbled feta.
- Serving Size: 6oz
- Calories: 26
- Sugar: 2.8 g
- Sodium: 39 mg
- Fat: 1.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Protein: 0.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: watermelon salad, watermelon mint salad