Asian-Inspired Leftover Turkey Soup – a savory and delicious winter soup that is perfect for those Thanksgiving leftovers!!
If you guys still have lingering Thanksgiving turkey in the fridge, it is time to make some soup! This is a delicious, healthy and light winter soup you are going to LOVE!
I literally just put the last of my Thanksgiving turkey in the freezer – saving it so I can make another batch of this Asian-Inspired Leftover Turkey Soup!
Just as I love my Thanksgiving traditions, this is a major post-thanksgiving tradition for me. Every year we (we being me and my Mom) make some version of turkey soup. This is one of my favorites though, next to the classic turkey soup (similar to chicken noodle soup, but with turkey). The little dash of sesame oil and the homemade turkey broth is absolute magic (the key is the Homemade Turkey Broth though!). The way the recipe is written, it is Whole30 compliant, but if you want to add some noodles to it, be my guest!!
As the weather gets colder and colder, this is going to be perfect for curling up on the couch with slippers watching your favorite movie! At least that is what I did last weekend when I made this ?
There is something magical about making homemade soup – I am not sure what it is exactly. I think it because, while canned soups can be awesome, they just cannot re-create a homemade broth and then all the flavor layers you build in with each ingredient. If you haven’t tried making your own, homemade soup yet – I highly encourage it!!
Hope you guys are having an awesome week!
- 8-10 cup homemade turkey broth
- 2-3 cups shredded or cut up turkey
- ¾ cup sliced green onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 cloves smashed garlic
- 2 baby boy choy, bottom of stem trimmed and cut in half
- 2 avocado
- 2 radish, sliced (optional for garnish)
- Add homemade turkey broth to saucepan or dutch oven and bring to simmer.
- Add turkey, bay leaf, green onion, sesame oil and smashed garlic.
- Let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add bok choy immediately before serving and let simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve hot and garnish with avocado slices and radish.