Creamy Horseradish Mashed Potatoes – a fun twist on this classic side dish! (Whole30)
This post is sponsored by Silver Spring Foods, but the opinions are my own.
The perfect side dish!
Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
These are officially my new favorite side dish and I cannot wait for you guys to try them!!
I am such a big fan of horseradish – it is such a unique flavor! It goes so well with any meat and just takes your recipe to the next level! I am so excited to be partnering with Silver Spring Foods today to bring you these Creamy Horseradish Mashed Potatoes! I used some of their Prepared Horseradish (which has the most simple, clean ingredients) to elevate your typical mashed potatoes into something so incredibly amazing. Pair with classic stuffing, wild rice and mushrooms or with a nice steak, you are not going to believe how good they are!
Is the horseradish flavor strong?
It’s really not! Plus, you have complete control over how strong it is – start with a little and then taste and add more as you want!
What to serve with Creamy Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
They are perfect for any occasion, really! But they would also go really well with a Prime Rib or a simple grilled steak and some roasted broccolini!
Are they Whole30?
Yes! They are made with ghee, salt, horseradish, unsweetened almond milk and Yukon Gold potatoes! If you are are completely dairy-free you can sub any vegan butter for the ghee!
Other recipes you might like:
Your classic mashed potatoes, elevated!
- Approximately 5–6 cups Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1–2 teaspoons Silver Spring Prepared Horseradish
- 3 Tablespoons ghee (sub vegan butter if dairy-free)
- Bring medium pot of water to boil and add potatoes.
- Allow them to simmer until they are very soft (this will depend on how large the chunks are, but it should take around 15-20 minutes).
- Drain potatoes and pour into medium mixing bowl.
- Add almond milk, salt, 1 teaspoon Prepared Horseradish and ghee.
- Use hand mixer to whip potatoes until smooth.
- Taste and add the additional teaspoon of prepared horseradish, if desired. Also add additional salt, if desired.
- Use hand mixer to combine again.
- Taste and make any further adjustments.
- Serve immediately!
Keywords: horseradish mashed potatoes