Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes –
a quick and easy way to get creamy and delicious mashed sweet potatoes! (Paleo, + Gluten-Free)
They are perfect every time! With only 6 ingredients and made in 8 minutes!
This is a MUST the next time you have sweet potatoes. Quick and Easy + Delicious and Healthy = the PERFECT side dish! You can scale down the recipe for a smaller group or you can do the full batch for a large crowd. These would make the perfect addition to any holiday meal. It is a great way to get one of your holiday side dishes out of the oven or off the stovetop in order to make room for all of the other delicious foods!
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- So easy: once your InstantPot is up to pressure they only take 8 minutes!!
- Naturally sweet + creamy: the maple syrup provides the perfect amount of sweetness and the coconut milk keeps the texture deliciously creamy.
- Great for a crowd: this amazing side dish does not use the oven or stovetop thus making it perfect for the holidays!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- sweet potatoes
- ghee (or butter)
- coconut milk
- maple syrup
RECIPE FAQs + TIPS:
- Do I need to peel them? – peeling the potatoes are optional, but it will turn out creamier if you do peel them.
- What’s the best way to mix them? – I prefer to use a hand mixer because I think it makes them more creamy but you could also use a potato masher. Do what works for you!
- Can I store the leftovers? – Yes! You can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-6 days.
- Can I make a this for a smaller crowd? – Absolutely! Just halve the recipe to make for a smaller group of people.
- Coconut milk vs. almond milk – You could use almond milk but I think coconut milk makes it a little more creamy.
- Ghee vs. butter – to keep the recipe Whole30/Paleo you should stick with ghee, otherwise you can use butter too.
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT MASHED SWEET POTATOES
Step 1: Peel (if you wish) your sweet potatoes, cut them into large chunks, and place them in your InstantPot.
Step 2: Add enough water to just barely cover the sweet potatoes.
Step 3: Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. Manually release pressure immediately (according to manufacturer’s instructions).
Step 4: Drain the sweet potatoes and return to the InstantPot.
Step 5: Mash the sweet potatoes and add the rest of your ingredients.
Step 6: Mash until you have reached your desired consistency.
Step 7: Serve immediately!
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Thank you so much for reading & supporting The Wooden Skillet! This post contains affiliate links for products I actually use in my own home and personally recommend. Should you make a purchase using one of these links, The Wooden Skillet will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to bring you great original content. Thank you!
Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes – a quick, easy and simple way to get creamy and delicious mashed sweet potatoes every time!
- 5–6 medium/large sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1/4 cup ghee (or butter)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Peel potatoes. Cut each potato into about 6-8 chunks.
- Add potato chunks to your Instant Pot and then add enough water to just barely cover them.
- Place the cover on the Instant Pot and set to Seal.
- Cook on HIGH pressure for 8 minutes.
- Manually release pressure immediately (according to manufacturer’s instructions).
- Drain the potatoes and return to Instant Pot.
- Add ghee (or butter), maple syrup, coconut milk and salt.
- Use a hand mixer to mix.
- Taste and add additional ghee, maple syrup, coconut milk or salt as desired.
- Serve immediately.
- Peeling Potatoes: Peeling the potatoes are optional, but it will turn out creamier if you do peel them.
- Coconut Milk: You could also sub in almond milk here, but coconut milk makes them a little extra creamy. I prefer this carton of coconut milk.
- Ghee: To keep this recipe Whole30/Paleo use ghee, but you can easily sub butter if you prefer.
- Hand Mixer: You could also just use a potato masher here, but I prefer to whip them with a hand mixer. Use whatever you prefer.
- Serving: Feel free to serve with a little extra maple syrup or even some chopped walnuts.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5-6 days.
- Cook Time: The 8 minute cook time does not include the few minutes it will take for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure.
- Halving the Recipe: Feel free to half the recipe for a smaller crowd!
Keywords: instant pot mashed sweet potatoes