Crockpot Cilantro Lime Chicken – an easy and delicious weeknight dinner you can set and forget! (Whole30 + Paleo + GF + DF)
Add this to your weekly menu ASAP!
Crockpot Cilantro Lime Chicken
Cilantro Lime Chicken is a favorite in our house! Add in some homemade guacamole and we are a happy family! I love having this crockpot version for days when things get a little crazy and I just need to throw some dinner together! I love how easy this is and I cannot wait for you guys to try it!!
How to Increase the Lime Flavor
So here are the things I have done to really increase the lime flavor (because you need to actually taste the lime – right?!) – to increase the flavor even more just increase what I have already done:
- Lime juice to chicken broth ratio: I barely use any chicken broth because it will only dilute the lime juice. I really only add the chicken broth when cooking on LOW because I don’t want the chicken to dry out. Feel free to add additional lime juice!
- Lime zest: adding some lime zest into the mix definitely increases the lime flavor – feel free to add more!
- Salt: I added a teaspoon of salt to help emphasize the lime flavor. Feel free to add another teaspoon!
Is this Crockpot Cilantro Lime Chicken Meal Prep-Friendly
Yes! Make it ahead of time (on Sunday) and have it for the week! Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
How to Serve Crockpot Cilantro Lime Chicken
There are several different ways you can serve this! Here are a few ideas:
- On cauliflower rice + guacamole
- On regular rice + guacamole
- You can serve it plain
- You could serve it in tacos
- You could make a salad out of it
- You could make enchiladas with it
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Quick chicken recommendation:
If you are looking for a great “meat guy” I highly recommend Butcher Box (a service that delivers 100% Grass-Fed and Grass-Finished Beef, Heritage Breed Pork, Free-Range Organic Chicken and Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon). All of their meat, including their chicken, is absolutely amazing. Click here for $20 off your first order + free bacon!
Thank you so much for reading & supporting The Wooden Skillet! This post includes affiliate links for products I actually use in my own home and personally recommend. Should you make a purchase using one of these links, The Wooden Skillet will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to bring you great original content. Thank you!Print
Cilantro Cilantro Lime Chicken – an easy and delicious weeknight dinner you can set and forget! (Whole30 + Paleo + GF + DF)
- 3 medium chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice (approximately 3–4 limes)
- the zest of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2–3 smashed garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (only used if cooking on LOW)
- 1/2 – 1 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine lime juice, salt, olive oil and lime zest in small bowl; stir to combine.
- Add chicken broth to mixture only if cooking on LOW; if you are cooking on HIGH you do not need it.
- Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Pour lime juice mixture over chicken and add garlic.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 3 1/2 – 4 hours or on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker, shred with two forks and return to slow cooker. Add as much cilantro as you desire and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.
- If you want the lime flavor to me more intense feel free to add additional lime zest or lime juice.
- Serving suggestions: cauliflower rice (Whole30 + Paleo), regular rice, tacos, salad or enchiladas.
Keywords: crockpot cilantro lime chicken