This fresh and delicious Green Goddess Salad is going to be your new favorite summer salad recipe! It is so fresh and is packed with the best flavor. Perfect for lunch or a quick weeknight dinner!
The Best Green Goddess Salad
We have been loving our homemade green goddess salad dressing on our ultimate grilled shrimp salad for a while now, but we knew we needed to develop a classic green goddess salad to enjoy with this dressing too! Full of fresh, simple ingredients, including loads of fresh herbs that will waken-up all your tastebuds.
We love prepping the pieces of this spring salad to store in the fridge and use to make the most amazing lunch salads all week long! With the option of adding some protein options, if you want, or keep it as it’s written in the recipe card, either way it is so good!
Looking for more easy summer salad recipes? Checkout our our complete list of 20+ Summer Salad Recipes!
What You Will Need
- romaine lettuce & butter lettuce – a fresh and crisp leafy greens combination that is the perfect base for this simple salad.
- fresh dill & tarragon – flavor-packed fresh green herbs that are so good!
- avocado, green onions, & english cucumbers (or persian cucumbers) – green veggies that bring more color and some added crunch.
- feta cheese & parmesan cheese – these cheeses are a great topping addition to this easy green goddess salad recipe.
- green goddess salad dressing – we absolutely love our easy green goddess dressing, but you can also pick-up a store-bought version at your local grocery store.
- crispy shallots – so simple to prepare and they make a great addition on top!
How To Make A Green Goddess Salad
The first steps to making this easy recipe is to prep the green dressing. Gather all the dressing ingredients.
Place them in a food processor or high-powered blender and pulse to combine. You could also use an immersion blender to do the mixing.
Next, it is time to make those crispy shallots. Bring a large skillet to a medium-high heat, drizzle in the olive oil, and then sauté the shallots for a few minutes or until golden brown. Once they are nice and crisp you can transfer them to a paper towel on a plate.
Now it’s time to prep the fresh salad ingredients. We love adding in some avocado and if you need any tips on how to cut an avocado, we have a post for you!
Then it is time to assemble the salad! Divide all of the green goddess salad ingredients between bowls and generously pour the homemade salad dressing on top or place it all in a large mixing bowl to combine and then divide.
There are so many different ways to make some variations to this fresh green salad recipe! Here are a few of our recommendations:
- Add a protein – if you are looking to add a protein to this salad you can easily place some grilled chicken breasts, steak, shrimp, or even a salmon fillet on top!
- Other toppings – the options are endless! If you want to add a little kick, you could chopped jalapeño. Or some homemade guacamole in place of the avocado or some hard-boiled eggs, lime juice, red onion, sunflower seeds, pine nuts, or snap peas!
- Grilled romaine – love using your grill? Try grilling your romaine lettuce before chopping for so much flavor!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Green Goddess Salad – a delicious green goddess salad recipe that is packed with flavor and easy to make! Perfect for summer!
Green Goddess Dressing:
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh chives
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1–2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2–3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups romaine, chopped
- 2 cups butter lettuce, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced or cubed
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2–3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated or shaved
- 4–5 green onions, sliced
- 3 cups english cucumbers, sliced
- Add ingredients to a food processor.
- Blend or pulse until fully combined – don’t over-blend – there should still be little pieces of dark green herbs, but not chunky.
- Taste and adjust any flavors, seasonings, etc. as-desired.
- Add oil to cast iron skillet and bring to medium heat. Add sliced shallots and sauté for 4-5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and cook until browned, approx. 3-4 minutes.
- Use slotted spoon or spatula to remove and place on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Green Goddess Dressing – of course use store-bought if you prefer, but for best results use the homemade version included in the recipe card. Any extra dressing can easily be stored in the fridge to use on another salad.
- Crispy Shallots – don’t skimp on the crispy shallots! They add so much flavor to this easy salad!
- Storage: you can keep this salad in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days, but we highly recommend storing the salad, crispy shallots, and salad dressing in separate containers to prevent sogginess.
- Serving Size: 6oz
- Calories: 250
- Sugar: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 500.4 mg
- Fat: 22.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.3 g
- Protein: 5.6 g
- Cholesterol: 25.5 mg
Keywords: green goddess salad