Grilled Flank Steak Salad – a delicious summer salad recipe that is packed with flavor! Marinated grilled flank steak on top of a bed of romaine lettuce with tomatoes, blue cheese, red onions and homemade chimichurri sauce!
Best Ever Flank Steak Salad
This might be my new favorite salad! There is something about the fresh flavors of the chimichurri and the medium-rare cooked marinated flank steak that just come together beautifully with the pop of sweetness from the corn and tomatoes. Serve with some grilled bread or grilled potato wedges or an amazing summer meal!
Love Summer Salads – check out our round-up of 20+ Summer Salad Recipes!
What You Will Need
- flank steak: most deli or meat markets will carry flank steak – use a high of quality as you can and I recommend purchasing it the day you plan to cook it.
- olive oil + lime juice + soy sauce + sesame oil + garlic: we are mixing these together for a quick marinade!
- romaine: the base of the salad – of course!
- corn: we love using grilled corn for this, but canned works in a pinch too.
- chimichurri: we have this homemade recipe that is SO GOOD!
- cherry tomatoes: halve these and use as many or as few as you like.
- blue cheese: gorgonzala would work here too! Feel free to omit if you are dairy-free.
- red onion: love the little bite this adds!
How to Grill Flank Steak
To grill a flank steak I recommend first giving it a quick and easy marinade (included in the recipe card below). Ensure the grill grates are clean and then bring to high heat. Place steak over direct heat and let cook 3-5 minutes per side or until the internal temperature at the thickest part of the steak reaches 130 degrees F. Remove from the grill and let rest 8-10 minutes.
How to Make Flank Steak Salad
Let the flank steak come to room temperature. Combine the marinade. Cover the flank steak with marinade and let sit a minimum of 30 minutes or up to 12 hours.
Grill over high heat.
Add to your salad along with some corn, tomatoes, blue cheese and homemade chimichurri.
Other Steak Recipes You Might Like
- How to Grill the Perfect Steak
- Best Ever Steak Marinade
- Steak Dry Rub
- Grilled Steak Salad
- Favorite Steak Tacos
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!Print
Flank Steak Salad – a delicious marinated flank steak on a bed of lettuce with grilled corn, cojita cheese and chimichurri sauce!
- Approximately 1 pound flank steak
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 batch homemade chimichurri sauce
- 4–6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1–2 cups corn
- 1–2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Place flank steak in a deep container or reusable silicone bag and let come to room temperature.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil and garlic. Whisk to combine.
- Pour marinade over the steak and ensure it is fully covered. Let marinate a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Ensure grill has clean grates and bring to medium/high heat (450-500 degrees F).
- Remove steaks from marinade (let any excess marinade fall off) and place over direct heat. Close grill.
- Sear on grill 3-5 minutes per side for medium rare or until the center of the thickest part of the steak reaches 130 degrees F using an internal meat thermometer.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut into strips (cut against the grain).
- Divide steak and other salad ingredients between bowls.
Keywords: flank steak salad
Originally published August 22, 2018.