Grilled Flank Steak Salad + Jalapeño Chimichurri and Avocado – a light and delicious summer salad!
Summer isn’t over yet, you guys! There is still time to get that grill out!
Flank steak is one of those proteins (like scallops) that I just seem to forget about all too often! It is SO easy to cook, its delicious and done in a matter of minutes! I love having it on a nice bed of greens and this Jalapeño Chimichurri pairs perfectly with it!!! This is a really quick and easy weeknight meal!
But, before we dig into the recipe, I have a little bonus How-To for you guys!
How to Grill Avocado:
Make sure grates on grill are very clean and then rub with some Olive Oil
Heat grill to 500.
Cut ripe, but firm, avocado in half.
In small bowl combine equal parts olive oil and lemon juice.
Brush avocado with lemon juice/olive oil mixture.
Sprinkle with salt.
Place avocado meat-side down and close grill for 2-3 minutes.
Open and rotate avocado a quarter turn and set back down.
Close grill for another 2 minutes.
Remove from grill.
Other Steak Recipes You Might Like
- How to Grill the Perfect Steak
- Best Ever Steak Marinade
- Steak Dry Rub
- Grilled Steak Salad
- Favorite Steak Tacos
A light and delicious summer salad!
- Approximately 1 pound flank steak
- Black Pepper
- 1 Avocado
- Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 cup of your favorite greens
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh parsley
- 3 large garlic cloves
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup high quality olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh oregano
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 4 slices jalapeño
- Season flank steak on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Sear on grill on high heat (450) for 1 minute.
- Rotate 90 degrees (this allows you to get those pretty grill marks) and let cook for 2 more minutes.
- Fip and cook for 3-4 minutes for medium rare.
- Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut into strips and place on top of bed of greens along with some cherry tomatoes.
- Combine ingredients in mini-food processor and fully combine.
- Taste and add additional salt, pepper or jalapeño, as desired.
- Spoon chimicurri sauce over flank steak.
- Serve with avocado (grilled or not!)