These Healthy Breakfast Tacos frequently have a place on our weekly menu (for either breakfast OR dinner) and they are always a hit! Made with grain-free tortillas and just simple, healthy ingredients you probably already have on hand. More of a breakfast idea than a full-blown recipe, but it’s so good we just had to share!
The Best Breakfast Tacos Recipe
At our house we love a quick and easy breakfast recipe and these breakfast tacos are just that! They are made with real, simple ingredients and only take about 5 minutes to make. Top them any way you want for a tasty and filling breakfast. And if you love making breakfast for dinner, like we do, these are a perfect option for that too!
Love breakfast recipes – try our Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Easy: Save yourself some time and use store-bought salsa and guacamole to make this extra easy!
- Flavorful: The flavor combos are classic and bold with the mix of the salsa and guacamole!
- Convenient: You probably already have most, if not all, of these ingredients on hand! But even if you don’t, the ingredient list is pretty small!
What You Will Need
- olive oil – just a drizzle in the skillet to make fluffy scrambled eggs.
- large eggs – we love picking up some high-quality eggs at our local grocery store.
- tortillas – just grab any of your favorite varieties of tortillas (flour, corn, gluten-free, etc.).
- salsa – we have some really great options – blender salsa or mango pineapple salsa!
- guacamole – to make it super easy you can buy store-bought guacamole or make your own homemade guacamole.
- kosher salt & ground black pepper – simple seasonings that are always a must!
- optional toppings – we also love to add cheese, sour cream, a little sausage, or bacon.
How To Make Breakfast Tacos
For starters, you will want to gather all of the ingredients needed to make this easy recipe.
Next, drizzle some olive oil in a large skillet and bring it to a medium-high heat. Crack both eggs into a small bowl, scramble, and then add to the hot skillet. Use a spatula to move the eggs around and fully cook.
Then assemble your tacos – tortilla on the bottom, add the eggs, and top with salsa, guacamole, and anything else you would like.
If you want to beef up the flavor even more – here are a few other ideas for toppings you might like:
- Dairy-Free Sour Cream: feel free to use this homemade version or a store-bought one.
- Hot Sauce: love adding a little extra pep with some of your favorite hot sauce.
- Jalapeños: a few slices of jalapeño go a long way! Take out the seeds if you don’t it to be TOO hot.
- Black Beans: black beans are NOT considered paleo, so skip them if you are concerned with that. Otherwise, they are a great way to add some extra fiber to this meal (especially if you are having it for dinner).
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Breakfast Tacos Recipe – a simple breakfast idea that always seems to hit the spot!
- Crack eggs into small bowl and whisk.
- Bring a skillet to medium/medium-high heat and add olive oil. Let pan come up to temp.
- Pour eggs into skillet and immediately turn down heat to medium/medium low. Keep the eggs moving continuously until they are soft. Remove from heat.
- Take your tortillas (warm up briefly, if you desire) and add your cooked eggs. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Add salsa and guacamole (as much as desired).
- Serve immediately.
- Tortillas – grain-free tortillas are generally paleo, so just check your ingredients! If you aren’t concerned with paleo, feel free to use whatever tortillas you want (of course, check for gluten if you are gluten-free).
- Other toppings: feel free to add some dairy-free sour cream too! I like this homemade version or this store-bought version!
Keywords: healthy breakfast tacos