Healthy Breakfast Tacos frequently have a place on the weekly menu here (for either breakfast OR dinner) and they are always a hit! Made with a grain-free tortillas and just simple, healthy ingredients you probably already have on hand. More of a breakfast idea than a full-blown recipe, but it’s so good I just had to get it on the blog!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Easy: Save yourself some time and use store-bought salsa and guacamole to make this extra easy!
- Flavorful: The flavor combos are classic and bold with the mix of the salsa and guacamole!
- Convenient: You probably already have most, if not all, of these ingredients on hand! But even if you don’t, the ingredient list is pretty small!
If you want to beef up the flavor even more – here are a few other ideas for toppings you might like:
- Dairy-Free Sour Cream: feel free to use this homemade version or a store-bought one
- Hot Sauce: love adding a little extra pep with some of your favorite hot sauce
- Jalapeños: a few slices of jalapeño go a long way! Take out the seeds if you don’t it to be TOO hot.
- Black Beans: black beans are NOT considered paleo, so skip them if you are concerned with that. Otherwise, they are a great way to add some extra fiber to this meal (especially if you are having it for dinner).
How to Make Breakfast Tacos
Step One: get all your ingredients ready
Step Two: make your scrambled eggs
Step Three: assemble your taco
Step Four: enjoy!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Healthy Breakfast Tacos – a simple breakfast idea that always seems to hit the spot!
- Crack eggs into small bowl and whisk.
- Bring a skillet to medium/medium-high heat and add olive oil. Let pan come up to temp.
- Pour eggs into skillet and immediately turn down heat to medium/medium low. Keep the eggs moving continuously until they are soft. Remove from heat.
- Take your tortillas (warm up briefly if you desire) and add your eggs. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Add salsa and guacamole (as much as desired).
- Serve immediately.
- Tortillas – grain-free tortillas are generally paleo, so just check your ingredients! If you aren’t concerned with paleo, feel free to use whatever tortillas you want (of course, check for gluten if you are gluten-free).
- Other toppings: feel free to add some dairy-free sour cream too! I like this homemade version or this store-bought version!
Keywords: healthy breakfast tacos