A fresh and delicious spin to make the Best Eggs Benedict Recipe that you have ever tasted! This traditional American breakfast is made with english muffins, Canadian bacon, poached egg and hollandaise sauce, but we didn’t stop there! We added some avocado slices and goat cheese crumbles to really take it to the next level!
Easy Eggs Benedict Recipe
One of our all-time favorite breakfast recipes is the always popular eggs Benedict! We love making this decadent breakfast for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, birthdays, or just an easy breakfast on a Sunday morning at home. A Benedict recipe is good, but there are so many great ways to change up the flavors or serve as a brunch classic and let people make their own combination. If you have felt intimidated to try this homemade breakfast for the first time, let us show you just how easy it is!
What You Will Need
- english muffin halves – option to use any variety that works for you – regular, whole wheat, gluten-free, etc.
- Canadian bacon – you can find the perfect sized slice of Canadian bacon in the meat section of your local grocery stores.
- fresh eggs – this recipe card calls for the perfect poached egg and we have a super easy method for making poached eggs for this classic brunch dish!
- hollandaise sauce – option to make your own creamy hollandaise sauce or you can grab a mix packet from the store.
- avocado – a classic fresh ingredient that we always love.
- goat cheese – just some crumbles on top to really add to the overall flavor!
- optional add-ins – fresh spinach or arugula or a sprinkling of cayenne pepper for a little bit of a kick.
How To Make The Best Eggs Benedict Recipe
The first steps to making this classic eggs Benedict recipe, are to gather the ingredients that you want to use.
Now grab a small skillet and bring it to a medium heat. Add the Canadian bacon to the hot pan and warm until heated through and slightly golden brown. Set them aside on a plate with paper towel until ready to assemble.
Now bring a small saucepan of water to a simmer and carefully poach the egg for about 3-4 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove the perfectly poached egg from the simmering water.
Use a sharp paring knife to cut half of an avocado into slices.
When you have all the pieces ready to go, it is time to assemble. Start with the toasted english muffin, add the warm Canadian bacon, then avocado slices, the runny poached egg, and then pour as much hollandaise sauce as you want on top.
Add a generous sprinkling of goat cheese crumbles on top and enjoy!
Best Ways To Serve Eggs Benedict
The perfect eggs Benedict recipe is great all on its own, but if you really want to make a hearty breakfast you could also serve it alongside some American fries, fresh fruit, or a coffee smoothie. And if you are really making a big brunch spread you could add more classic brunch recipes, like banana bread or raspberry muffins.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Best Eggs Benedict Recipe – a delicious and easy recipe for the most amazing eggs Benedict recipe! Perfect for your next brunch or Mother’s Day breakfast!
- Canadian bacon: quickly warm the slices of Canadian bacon in a small skillet on the stovetop or in the microwave until warmed through.
- Poach eggs: Add 3-4 inches of water to a small or shallow saucepan. Crack an egg into a glass measuring cup or small bowl. Set the pot of water on the stovetop and turn to medium/high heat. hen the water is just about to boil (you will see bubbles start to form at the bottom of the saucepan) take the glass measuring cup with the egg and dip the measuring cup into the water – don’t dump out the egg – but allow some of the hot water to fall over the edge of the measuring cup, enveloping the egg. This will start to cook the egg immediately (you will notice it start to turn white). Let the egg cook for 10-30 seconds in the cup and then slip egg completely into the warm water and continue to cook the egg for 3-4 minutes. Carefully remove with a slotted spoon.
- Assemble: place the english muffin on a small plate and top with Canadian bacon, the avocado slices, poached egg, and then pour the hollandaise sauce on top. Finally, add a sprinkling of goat cheese and enjoy!
- Hollandaise sauce recipe: option to make a homemade hollandaise sauce or grab a mix from your local grocery store.
- Classic eggs Benedict: we love this delicious spin on a traditional eggs Benedict, but if the classic is more your thing you should definitely checkout our post on how to make eggs Benedict!
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 314
- Sugar: 1.4 g
- Sodium: 949.9 mg
- Fat: 17.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Protein: 21.5 g
- Cholesterol: 212.7 mg
Keywords: eggs benedict recipe, best eggs benedict recipe