Best Paleo Chili is a tried and true family recipe that is easy and delicious! This Paleo Chili Recipe Works well on the stove-top or in the slow cooker!
Best Paleo Chili
This is another one of those recipes that I really can’t believe it took me this long to get this thing up on the blog! Like this meatloaf recipe – I grew up on this chili and whenever the weather starts to turn cool I just HAVE to make it on a Sunday while watching football :). It is a fall tradition in our family!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Easy: this literally takes a few minutes to prep and throw together – then just sit back and let it cook!
- Make Ahead: I love making this on the weekend to have as an easy dinner during the week – or to freeze and thaw!
- Kid-Friendly: my kiddos LOVE this recipe!
What You Will Need
- ground hamburger: a great time to pull out some of that frozen ground beef you have in the freezer that needs to be used!
- yellow onion: love the flavor this adds! You could even use a sweet yellow (vidalia onion) and some yellow onion to add even more depth of flavor.
- can of whole tomatoes: don’t drain!
- tomato paste: love that this uses a whole can of tomato paste!
- chili powder: use as much or as little of this as you want!
- bay leaf: adds that little extra flavor that is so, so good!
How to Freeze Paleo Chili
To freeze simply let cool and place in a freezer-safe silicone bag. Remove as much air as possible and then seal. You can also place in a mason jar too! Just don’t forget to leave a little room to allow for expansion during freezing. Freeze for up to 6 months.
What to Serve With It
- Seven Layer Salad
- Roasted Butternut Squash
- Spaghetti Squash
- Gluten-Free Cornbread
- Dairy-Four Sour Cream
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!Print
Best Paleo Chili – Your classic chili recipe that is Whole30/Paleo friendly!! Make in the slow cooker or on the stove top!
- 1 1/2 lb ground hamburger
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- (1) 28oz can whole tomatoes (don’t drain) (feel free to add another 12oz can if you want the recipe to make more)
- (1) 6oz can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (more to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- Place ground beef and onion in large skillet and fully cook.
- Drain grease.
- Add to crockpot along with the whole tomatoes (use knife to cut them into quarters if you want), tomato paste and chili powder.
- Stir to combine.
- Cook on low all day (6-8 hours).
- Make sure to taste and add additional salt and chili powder, as desired. Serve with Dairy-Free Sour Cream if desired!
- Stove Top: You can also cook it on the stove top – just simmer for 1-2 hours, covered.
- Other Add-ins: you can add in a can of pumpkin, mushrooms or even some sweet potato!
Keywords: paleo chili