The Absolute Best Slow Cooker Classic Paleo Chili – Whole30, Paleo, Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free!
This is going to become a fall favorite, you guys!!!
This is another one of those recipes that I really can’t believe it took me this long to get this thing up on the blog! Like this meatloaf recipe – I grew up on this chili and whenever the weather starts to turn cool I just HAVE to make it on a Sunday while watching football :). It is a fall tradition in our family!
The recipe is Whole30 and Paleo, but feel free to add some beans if you just want a plain’ole classic chili recipe! If you are feeling the chili (like I am at this time of year!) here is a White Chicken Chili and then here is an awesome round-up I did a while ago with over 20 of my favorite Whole30 Soups, Stews and Chili’s!
And don’t forget to add some Dairy-Free (and Whole30 compliant) Sour Cream!!!
Also, it is the perfect slow cooker recipe (here is my fav slow cooker!) to just make it and forget it OR you can totally cook it on the stove too!
Hope you guys are enjoying your Fall so far!!!
Your classic chili recipe that is Whole30/Paleo friendly!! Make in the slow cooker or on the stove top!
- 1 1/2 lb ground hamburger
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- (1) 28oz can whole tomatoes (don’t drain) (feel free to add another 12oz can if you want the recipe to make more)
- (1) 6oz can tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder (more to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- Optional: feel free to add up to 2 cans of kidney beans, but then it will no longer be Whole30 compliant or paleo.
- Place ground beef and onion in large skillet and fully cook.
- Drain grease.
- Add to crockpot along with the whole tomatoes (use knife to cut them into quarters if you want), tomato paste and chili powder.
- Stir to combine.
- Cook on low all day.
- Make sure to taste and add additional salt and chili powder, as desired.Serve with Dairy-Free Coconut Sour Cream if desired! (recipe on blog)
You can also cook it on the stove top – just simmer for 1-2 hours.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting all things The Wooden Skillet.