Dairy-Free Green Bean Casserole – your classic holiday side dish, but dairy-free!
Add this to your holiday menu!!!
I absolutely LOVE green bean casserole – it is always on our table at both Thanksgiving and Christmas! But, it usually is made with that canned cream of mushroom soup that I am not a huge fan of. So, I created a recipe for dairy-free cream of mushroom soup and then tested it out in your classic green bean casserole recipe …and it worked perfectly. So I am super excited to share the recipe with you guys today!!!
I have had so much fun sharing all of these yummy Thanksgiving recipes with you guys over the past week! Thanksgiving is one of my most favorite holidays – spending the day cooking is my favorite thing – especially surrounded by family and friends. And I love sharing a little healthier versions of the classic holiday recipes (like this Paleo Sweet Potato Pie Bake) but also some not-so-healthy side dishes (like this apple yam bake) because… you gotta have balance! 🙂
Next week will be a little light on new recipes on the blog since I know many of you will be busy finalizing your menus, shopping and spending time with family :). And I will be doing the same!!! I hope you guys have an absolutely amazing Thanksgiving and I hope you are spending it with people you love!
Again, you will need the recipe for my Dairy-Free Cream of Mushroom Soup for this recipe!!
- 1.5lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 - 2.5 cups dairy-free cream of mushroom soup (recipe on the blog)
- ¼ Teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1.5 cups fried onions, divided
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place green beans in 9x13 baking pan.
- Add soup, red pepper and ½ cup of the fried onions.
- Mix well.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Take out pan and sprinkle remaining fried onions on top.
- Bake for another 15 minutes.
- (Note: after 30 minutes the fresh green beans will be well-cooked, but still firm. If you want the green beans not-so-firm, cook there for an additional 10 minutes or so before putting the extra fried onions on top.)