Raw Rainbow Wraps with Ginger Tahini Dressing – a deliciously healthy wrap with a dressing that is full of flavor!
This post is sponsored by Califia®, but the opinions are my own.
Okay you guys, its summer and let’s be honest…. sometimes it is just too dang hot to cook much of anything!! Those hot days are particularly perfect for these Raw Rainbow Wraps with Ginger Tahini Dressing!! No cooking required (okay you have to blanche the collard greens, but that is IT!).
Colorful food is one of my favorite things – you just know you are putting good nutrients in your body when your food looks like this!!!
Quick demo for you guys though on:
How to Prepare Collard Green Wraps:
I swear it is completely easy.
First, take your huge collard green and cut off the stem right where it meets the leaf.
Second, take your knife and run it down the part of the stem that goes up into the leaf, shaving off the part of the stem that protrudes from the leaf (this will allow the leaf to be more pliable and bendy)
Third, place leaf in a shallow, wide pan of just-about-boiling water for 3-5 seconds.
Fourth, remove and immediately place in an ice bath for a minute or two. Then place on a paper towel to dry.
That’s it!! From there you just place your ingredients lengthwise along the stem, fold the outside parts of the leaf over the filling and then wrap it up like a burrito! So simple!!
If you are looking for more vegan recipes I have a whole section not them HERE!
- collard greens (prepared)
- Filling options: yellow pepper, tomato, avocado, carrots, purple cabbage, cucumber, micro greens - all cut into this strips)
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1½ - 2 Tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- ¼ cup finely grated carrot
- ½ Teaspoon coco aminos
- ¼ cup Califa unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Prepare collard greens and place desired combination of filling ingredients in the middle.
- Fold collard green around the filling like a burrito.
- Cut in half for serving.
- Combine Dressing ingredients in blender (a mini food processor immersion blender would work too) and blend until fully combined.
- Serve wraps with dressing.