Sweet Watermelon + Mint Summer Spritzer – if you are looking for a fun, non-alcoholic alternative this summer, this light and refreshing mocktail is for you!
One thing I have come to realize lately is I am a little over alcohol. Like, really over it. There are still the few occasions when I will indulge, like when me and my husband actually sneak away for one of our 3-hour dinners. And when I do, it’s either a really good glass of wine or something like a Irish Cold Brew Coffee + Cream and Sugar….. because …. it’s amazing. Let’s be honest, there are some Friday nights when you just.need.a.drank. But generally, I am well beyond that stage of my life. I don’t feel my best when I drink and right now I am all about giving my body whatever makes it feel awesome. What I have found, though, is that I am just as content sipping sparkling water out of wine glass (or kombucha)…. it is the act or ritual of sipping out of that tall wine glass that helps calm me relax. And, as part of going through this Whole30 program, I have come to really appreciate a fun, delicious mocktail. Something that is special and naturally sweet and that makes me feel like I am indulging.
That was the inspiration behind this little guy. I know Memorial Day is fast approaching and I won’t quite be done with the Whole30 program. I wanted something fun and different to sip on at our cookout.
Sweet Watermelon Mint Summer Spritzer was born.
It’s beauty is really in its simplicity.
And hey, if you are of the drinking age and want throw a splash of vodka in there….. knock your socks off! I bet it would taste de-licious!
And when you are done sippin on this, you can pull out a Coconut Key Lime Pie Popsicle + Graham Cracker Crust…. because they are freakin amazing 🙂
Also, if you are in the market for a new photography board – visit our Etsy Store!
- 4 cups Watermelon - you will want to get the juiciest, most ripe one you can find so that the juice is full bodied. Use the darkest meat for your mocktail.
- 4-6 Mint leaves
- 1 Lime
- 1 Tablespoon Club Soda
- Optional: Honey
- Optional: vodka (1/2 shot per drink)
- Roughly chop up 2 -3 cups of dark watermelon meat; try to remove as many seeds as possible.
- Add to blender along with 2-3 mint leaves.
- Blend until fully liquid.
- Taste and, if you want it to be sweeter, add a little bit of honey at a time until you have reached your desired sweetness.
- optional: you can strain the watermelon at this point to ensure you just get straight juice, but you don't have to.
- Take cocktail glass and add 3 cubes of watermelon (about 1x1 inch) as well as several ice cubes.
- Pour watermelon mixture over top, leaving about ½ inch or more at the top
- Add a splash of club soda or other sparking water.
- Garnish with additional mint leaves and a slice of lime.