Our Cilantro Lime Sauce recipe is packed with flavor, simple to put together, and versatile enough to serve as a topping on everything from your favorite Mexican inspired meal to a robust salad. It pairs perfectly with our Chili Lime Steak Fajitas or our Steak Fajita Bowl!
The Best Cilantro Lime Sauce
There’s nothing like a versatile sauce that everyone likes. Tangy sour cream paired with sharp garlic and zesty lime makes this sauce refreshing yet bold. Our favorite way to serve it is on top of in our chili lime steak fajitas. Be sure to check out our simple fajita seasoning to bring on the bold flavors.
Love Cilantro + Lime – try our Cilantro Lime Chicken or Cilantro Lime Shrimp!
What You Will Need
- sour cream – To make this recipe dairy-free, use dairy-free sour cream.
- lime juice – Just a little bit goes a long way to add tart and bright flavors.
- zest of lime – A quick way to add bold citrus flavors throughout.
- fresh cilantro – This little herb brings in notes of lemon and pepper, which pair perfectly with the sour cream.
- garlic – Such an important ingredient that brings a unique and rich spicy flavor.
- kosher salt – Don’t forget the salt!
How To Make A Cilantro Lime Sauce
Gather, prep, and measure your ingredients.
Place everything into a food processor.
Next, blend everything together until you have a smooth consistency.
Place your sauce in a small bowl, and if you can, refrigerate your sauce for 10-20 minutes prior to serving so that it can thicken up a bit.
Now it’s time to dig in! Serve this sauce on fajitas, your favorite salad, burrito bowl, or as a dipping sauce for chips or veggies. You’ll see it below on our tasty steak fajitas.
- dairy-free: Use dairy-free sour cream to make this recipe dairy-free.
- storage: Store leftovers in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Cilantro Lime Sauce Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: Approx. 1 cup
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: American
Cilantro Lime Sauce – A light and refreshing sauce to add a pop of flavor and color to fajitas, tacos, salads, and burrito bowls.
- 1/2 cup sour cream (regular or dairy-free)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt (more to taste)
- Add ingredients to food processor.
- Blend on high until the consistency is smooth and the cilantro is broken down.
- Taste and add any lime, cilantro or salt – depending upon your taste.
- If you can, place in the refrigerator for 10-20 minutes before serving and the sauce can thicken back up a bit.
- We love serving this on our favorite Steak Fajitas!
- Dairy-Free: to make this recipe dairy-free simply use a dairy-free sour cream.
- Storage: store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords: cilantro lime sauce
Leave a Rating & Comment