Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken – an easy weeknight dinner option or weekend meal prep recipe! Either way it is simple and delicious!
Easy Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
Who doesn’t love a good crock pot recipe! This is perfect for those busy weeknights when everyone has something going on. Toss this in the slow cooker and then everyone can eat when they can and they can make sandwiches, wraps, etc. So easy and so good!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Set It & Forget It – The best part about any slow cooker recipe is that you can simply set it & forget it and this is just that! And with only 2 ingredients!!
- Versatile – You can really do ANYTHING with this amazing crockpot buffalo chicken once it is done – tacos, lettuce, wraps, sandwiches…. the possibilities are endless!
- Meal prep – The simplicity of this recipe is perfect for easy meal prep for the week!
What You Will Need
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts: these work best for shredding after cooking.
- Buffalo sauce (feel free to use homemade or store-bought): feel free to make your own ahead of time or use your favorite store-bought versions. We love Primal Kitchen’s buffalo sauce!
Recipe FAQs and Tips
- High vs. Low: there are instructions in the recipe card for cooking on both high and low, but I definitely recommend low if you can. It seems to stay slightly more moist that way, but if you are short on time you can use the high setting too.
- Buffalo Sauce: you can use any of your favorite buffalo sauces – we love this one!
- How long can I store leftovers? cooked chicken stored in an airtight container will last about 3-5 days in the fridge and up to 6 months in the freezer.
- Topping suggestions: we love to top buffalo chicken with some sliced green onions and blue cheese crumbles.
What Should I Serve With Buffalo Chicken
There are so many great side dish options to serve with buffalo chicken that you can’t go wrong. A few of our favorites are grilled sweet potatoes, potato salad, & grilled sweet corn.
Other Buffalo Chicken Recipes You Might Like
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
Crispy Buffalo Chicken Salad
Buffalo Chicken Burgers
How to Make Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken
Step 1: Add your chicken breasts to the slow cooker.
Step 2: Add 1 cup of buffalo sauce.
Step 3: Cover and let cook on LOW 6-8 hours or on HIGH 3-4 hours.
Step 4: Remove cover and shred chicken with two forks.
Step 5: Add the other cup of buffalo sauce and stir to combine.
Step 6: Enjoy!
Other Recipes You Might Like
How to Spatchcock a Chicken
The Best Whole Roasted Chicken
Cashew Chicken Stir Fry
Healthy Orange Chicken
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker + Oven
- Cuisine: American
Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken – an easy two-ingredient recipe that can be used in so many ways! Tacos, lettuce wraps and sandwiches!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups of your favorite buffalo sauce, divided
- Add chicken and 1 cup buffalo sauce to the slow cooker.
- Cover and let cook on LOW 6-8 hours or on HIGH 3-4 hours.
- Remove cover and shred chicken with two forks. Buffalo sauce will be thinned out from the heat, just keep moving the chicken around and letting it cool and the sauce will thicken back up and be soaked up by the chicken.
- Add the other cup of buffalo sauce, stir to combine.
- Serve immediately or save for meal prep!
- Whole30/Paleo: if you are concerned with Whole30/Paleo you can use this homemade buffalo sauce or you can find a store-bought one that is compatible!
Keywords: slow cooker buffalo chicken, crockpot buffalo chicken
I am woefully late with this review, but I made this a few weeks ago and it was so good! I love everything with buffalo sauce so I’m a sucker for these recipes, but I love that the slow cooker really gets helps enhance the flavor. This is also meal prep friendly-I used it for tacos, salad with romaine and ranch dressing (threw in an avocado and some cherry tomatoes as well), and had it with rice and avo for lunch. I’m cooking for one, so I used about half for meal prep and froze the other half for later use. 10 out of 10 would recommend!
This seriously couldn’t be easier!! I seasoned my chicken breasts with a bit of extra salt, pepper, and onion powder before adding the hot sauce (Frank’s Red Hot). I did 5 hours on low since my slow cooker runs a little hot and it was perfect — made the most amazing buffalo chicken quesadillas.
Yay!! So happy to hear that, Emily! I know – I love how versatile it is! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review + feedback – I really appreciate it!