Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken – an easy weeknight dinner option or weekend meal prep recipe! Either way it is simple and delicious!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Set It & Forget It – The best part about any slow cooker recipe is that you can simply set it & forget it and this is just that! And with only 2 ingredients!!
- Versatile – You can really do ANYTHING with this amazing crockpot buffalo chicken once it is done – tacos, lettuce, wraps, sandwiches…. the possibilities are endless!
- Meal prep – The simplicity of this recipe is perfect for easy meal prep for the week!
What You Will Need
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Buffalo sauce (feel free to use homemade or store-bought)
Recipe FAQs and Tips
- High vs. Low: there are instructions in the recipe card for cooking on both high and low, but I definitely recommend low if you can. It seems to stay slightly more moist that way, but if you are short on time you can use the high setting too.
- Buffalo Sauce: you can use any of your favorite buffalo sauces – we love this one!
- How long can I store leftovers? cooked chicken stored in an airtight container will last about 3-5 days in the fridge and up to 6 months in the freezer.
- Topping suggestions: we love to top buffalo chicken with some sliced green onions and blue cheese crumbles.
How to Make Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
Step 1: Add your chicken breasts to the slow cooker.
Step 2: Add 1 cup of buffalo sauce.
Step 3: Cover and let cook on LOW 6-8 hours or on HIGH 3-4 hours.
Step 4: Remove cover and shred chicken with two forks.
Step 5: Add the other cup of buffalo sauce and stir to combine.
Step 6: Enjoy!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken – an easy two-ingredient recipe that can be used in so many ways! Tacos, lettuce wraps and sandwiches!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups of your favorite buffalo sauce, divided
- Add chicken and 1 cup buffalo sauce to the slow cooker.
- Cover and let cook on LOW 6-8 hours or on HIGH 3-4 hours.
- Remove cover and shred chicken with two forks. Buffalo sauce will be thinned out from the heat, just keep moving the chicken around and letting it cool and the sauce will thicken back up and be soaked up by the chicken.
- Add the other cup of buffalo sauce, stir to combine.
- Serve immediately or save for meal prep!
- Whole30/Paleo: if you are concerned with Whole30/Paleo you can use this homemade buffalo sauce or you can find a store-bought one that is compatible!
Keywords: slow cooker buffalo chicken, crockpot buffalo chicken