A simple recipe for making perfectly tender and juicy Grilled Buffalo Chicken! Perfect for using in wraps, sandwiches, or tossing on a salad!
Quick & Easy Grilled Buffalo Chicken
We love ALL things buffalo chicken here at The Wooden Skillet and this is a simple step-by-step process for making nice, juicy buffalo chicken on the grill every time! We love marinating the chicken breasts in our homemade buffalo sauce but feel free to grab any of your favorite buffalo sauces from the grocery store. This buffalo chicken is so versatile – you can use it any way you want!
And if grilling isn’t your thing you can also easily make them on the smoker or in a crock pot.
What You Will Need
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts – we love using chicken breasts but you could also use chicken thighs, if you prefer.
- kosher salt & pepper – a little of each is perfect for cooking any type of meat.
- buffalo sauce – we highly recommend this quick and easy homemade sauce!
How Long Should I Grill Buffalo Chicken
Once your chicken breasts are ready for the grill and the grill is preheated with clean grates you can cook the chicken breasts on direct heat for 4-5 minutes per side and then indirect heat for about another 5-10 minutes until the internal temp reaches 165 degrees (use a meat thermometer) at the thickest part of the breast.
What Goes Well With Buffalo Chicken
If you are serving this chicken on its own you enjoy it with some grilled potato wedges and carrot & celery sticks with some blue cheese dressing. We also love tossing it on an Ultimate Buffalo Chicken Salad, in a Buffalo Chicken Wrap, or as a Buffalo Chicken Sandwich. Just make sure you include some blue cheese crumbles and green onions on top!
How To Make Grilled Buffalo Chicken
Begin by patting the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel.
Then sprinkle on the kosher salt and pepper.
Then place them in a bowl with buffalo sauce.
Let them sit and marinate for 15-30 minutes.
Place them on a clean, preheated grill and cook them on direct heat for 4-5 minutes on each side and then indirect heat for another 5-10 minutes until the internal temp reaches 165 degrees.
Enjoy any way you want!
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Other Buffalo Chicken Recipes You Might Like
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Easy Buffalo Chicken Wings
Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
Grilled Buffalo Chicken
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Grilled Buffalo Chicken – add some extra flavor to your grilled chicken recipe! So easy + perfect for salads and wraps!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- Place chicken breasts on plate. Pat dry and sprinkle both sides with a generous amount of the kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Place chicken in a bowl and pour buffalo sauce over top; mix to fully coat the chicken. Let sit 15-30 minutes.
- Ensure grill grates are clean and rub with olive oil or your favorite non-stick.
- Heat grill to medium heat (approximately 400-450 degrees F).
- Place chicken on direct heat (over direct flame) and cook at medium heat for 4-5 minutes per side.
- Move chicken away from the direct heat (direct flame) so that it is cooking on indirect heat (maintaining the same grill temp) and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes (you don’t need to flip during this point because the chicken will cook as if it is in an oven) or until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the chicken reads 160 on your meat thermometer.
- Remove from grill and let rest at least 5 minutes (the chicken will continue to cook during this time and the internal temp will continue to rise up 5 additional degrees).
- Chicken is safe to eat when it reaches an internal temp of 165 degrees (at thickest part of the breast).
- We love cutting it up and using it in our Ultimate Buffalo Chicken Salads!
- Buffalo Sauce: we love the Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce or our homemade buffalo sauce! But feel free to use whatever works best for you.
- Serving: we love using this chicken in our Ultimate Buffalo Chicken Salad or our Buffalo Chicken Wraps!
- Storage: store leftover cooked chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords: grilled buffalo chicken
Leave a Rating & Comment