Irish Cold Brew Coffee – a spin on classic Irish coffee, this St. Patrick’s Day cocktail is made with cold brew, Irish whiskey and stout along with simple sugar and dairy-free creamer.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Cold Brew: Since this is an Irish Cold Brew Coffee we are, of course, using cold brew instead of regular coffee. The result is a milder, less bitter taste that goes so well with the stout and whiskey! Read more about the difference between cold brew coffee and regular coffee here!
- Hot or Cold: Cold brew can be drank hot or cold (but the bitterness will still be muted and it will be less acidic!
- St. Patrick’s Day: Who doesn’t love a traditional holiday drink! Make your St. Patrick’s Day a little more special with a fun cocktail!
Origins of Irish Coffee
Here is a nice little summary of the origins of the Classic Irish Coffee if you are interested!
I wanted to mix up the classic recipe a bit, so I used cold brew instead of hot coffee, and added a bit of Guinness (stout) for good measure (Guinness is always appropriate). Other than that I actually kept fairly consistent with the traditional recipe, except I used simple syrup instead of sugar since cold liquids aren’t really conducive to sugar dissolving. The result is a wonderfully delicate version of Irish coffee that combines so many wonderfully Irish flavors.
How to Make Cold Brew Coffee
If you are interested in making your OWN cold brew coffee (or just want to learn more about it and how it differs from regular coffee), here is a tutorial + step-by-step instructions. It is so easy and so delicious!
Other St. Patrick’s Day Recipes You Might Like
Other Recipes You Might Like
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Make sure to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on PinterestPrint
Irish Cold Brew Coffee
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 drink 1x
- Category: Drink
- Method: Counter Top
- Cuisine: Irish
Irish Cold Brew Coffee – A spin on classic Irish coffee, this St. Patrick’s Day cocktail is made with cold brew, Irish whiskey and stout along with simple sugar and dairy-free creamer.
- 1 cup cold brewed coffee
- 1/4 –1/2 cup stout (Guinness is what I used)
- 1 1/4 oz Irish whiskey (I used Jameson)
- 1 – 2 oz simple syrup (depending upon how sweet you like it – maybe start with 1oz and add additional as you wish)
- 1/4 cup dairy-free creamer of your choice
- ice (optional)
- Add ice to a glass and pour in cold brew, stout, whiskey and simple syrup.
- Stir to combine
- Pour cream around the outside of the glass and watch it slowly fall down through the ice cubes.
- Serve immediately and add any additional simple syrup according to taste.
Keywords: Irish cold brew coffee
Wow, this sounds sooo good. I can’t wait until I can have alcohol again and try it! Saving for later for sure 😀 😀
Blooming Bites says
Lovely photos! We are totally obsessed with cold brew, freakn awesome recipe.
Thank you so much! And I know – cold brew right?! – I really wish I had discovered it sooner! Glad you like the recipe ?. And thanks again or the compliment!
This is a must have brew.