How to Sous Vide Chicken Breasts – a seriously simple cooking method and a convenient way to get dinner on the table with the help of Foodsaver!
This post is sponsored by Foodsaver®, but the opinions are my own.
Sous Vide Chicken Breasts
If you haven’t tried sous vide chicken breasts yet … you are missing out!
I don’t know about you guys, but weeknight dinners can be a REAL challenge some days. I mean, some weeks I am on top of my game … others, not so much. So, what I have been doing lately is using my Foodsaver® Preservation System to help me throw together healthy, quick meals!
Meal Prep Chicken Ideas
Here is what I do: a lot of times I buy my chicken breasts in bulk (so much cheaper that way) and when I get home from the store I divide up the chicken breasts into meal-sized quantities (usually about 4 chicken breasts). I toss the chicken into a Foodsaver® Bag along with some aromatics (rosemary, thyme, etc), fat (olive oil or ghee) and season the chicken with salt and pepper. Then I either place it in the fridge for later in the week or put it in the freezer. The Foodsaver Bags a great way to prep and cook your meals all in one – kind of a perfect solution for meal prep!
Then, when it comes time to think about dinner, I can just grab a pre-packaged bag of chicken and cook it Sous Vide! You can cook it from frozen or fresh, doesn’t matter! Cooking Sous Vide allows you to control your cooking temp with exact precision – it is seriously so cool.
By doing this it not only saves me a little cash from buying bulk, but it also saves me time because a big part of my meal is already prepped!
And you can season your chicken however you want! Here, I used rosemary, citrus fruits, ghee and salt/pepper. But you can use dry rubs, barbecue sauce, etc.! It is a great way to use whatever you have laying around!
The Foodsaver® Preservation System and Bags are available at Target! Click here for a special offer!
How long to cook chicken sous vide
From all the research and recipe testing I have done, I would recommend cooking your chicken breasts for 1.5 hours and for no more than 4 hours.
Other recipes you might like:Print
How to Sous Vide Chicken Breasts – An easy and delicious way to prep and cook chicken breasts!
- 3–4 chicken breasts (boneless/skinless)
- salt and pepper
- 2–3 slices orange
- 2–3 slices lemon
- 2–3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon ghee (olive oil works too)
- Lightly season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Take Foodsaver Bag and add chicken breasts, lemons, oranges, rosemary and ghee.
- Seal with Foodsaver Preservation System and place in fridge.
- Take large soup pot and fill with water.
- Using your Sous Vide, bring water to 150 degrees.
- Once water has come to temp, place the Foodsaver Bag of chicken inside the water.
- Allow to cook for 1.5 – 4 hours.
- Once fully cooked, remove chicken from bag and sear in cast iron skillet on high heat, both sides.
- Serve immediately.
- Feel free to use any sort of marinade in the bag in substitution of the citrus fruits and rosemary. Suggestions would be barbecue sauce, Asian-inspired marinade or a curry sauce!
- Chicken can be cooked in the sous vide for up to 4 hours.
Keywords: sous vide chicken breasts, how to sous vide chicken breasts, sous vide boneless skinless chicken breasts