Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork – an easy and delicious pulled pork recipe that is perfect for a crowd!
Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
This is a family favorite recipe! One of my most popular recipes on the blog is this Smoked Pork Shoulder, but I know not everyone has a smoker! So, due to so many requests from you I thought I would show you guys how to easily modify that recipe to make it in the slow cooker! It is so, so easy and absolutely delicious! We love making this for a crowd or it is great for meal-prep!
What Cut of Meat is Best for Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
We almost always use a pork shoulder for this recipe (you can use a boneless or a bone-in). Sometimes pork shoulder is also called “pork butt” or “Boston butt.” These will work too!
How do you tell if Slow Cooker Pulled Pork is Done?
You can tell pulled pork is done if it is fall-off-the-bone tender. If you use a fork to test it – you should barely need to put any pressure on the meat for it to just fall apart! Feel free to remove from the slow cooker to shred or just shred right in the slow cooker itself. Just remember to remove the bone if you are using a bone-in pork shoulder.
What to Serve with Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
Here are some ideas on what to serve with it:
- Purple Cabbage + Cilantro Slaw (Whole30/Paleo-friendly)
- Grilled Sweet Potatoes
- Herby Potatoes
- Sautéed Zucchini
- Simple Steamed Green Beans
Other recipes you might like:
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!Print
A flavorful and delicious slow cooker pulled pork that is Whole30/Paleo! Perfect for meal-prepping or for a crowd! Serve with your favorite BBQ sauce!
- Place pork shoulder on a large plate or platter.
- Rub with liquid smoke, getting into all the little crevices.
- Then rub with yellow mustard.
- Finally, take the pork rub and rub all over, it will create almost a paste.*
- Place in slow cooker (no liquid needed) and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker and shred with two forks (discarding bone if it had one).
- Feel free to return shredded meat to slow cooker to combine with the juices or to serve immediately.
- Once you have the applied the liquid smoke, mustard and pork rub you can place it in the slow cooker right away OR you can wrap it up (in plastic wrap or foil) and allow it to sit in the refrigerator overnight. This will help it be little more flavorful, but it is not necessary for the recipe to turn out! It still tastes amazing if you skip that step!
- This liquid smoke is Whole30/Paleo
- Serve with your favorite BBQ sauce – this oneand this one are Whole30/Paleo
Keywords: easy slow cooker pulled pork