This juicy and tender Crockpot Ham is the best way to cook your next holiday ham recipe! Just set-it-and-forget-it, plus save on that oven space! We have included instructions for an easy brown sugar glaze that will bring so much great flavor, the whole family is going to love it.
The Best Crock Pot Ham Recipe
A classic ham is a staple of our holiday table for Easter dinner, Christmas dinner, and basically any time we have a large family gathering for special occasions! We have made baked ham, smoked ham, but slow cooking ham might just be our new favorite cooking method. It is such an easy crock pot ham recipe and the result is out of this world! Just make sure you get a ham that is large enough to feed the crowd, plus plenty of leftovers for the next day (and don’t forget the side dishes!). There are so many great leftover ham recipes, in our opinion it’s the best part!
We have included instructions for a delicious brown sugar glaze, but we also have a Honey Bourbon Ham Glaze on the blog that is also amazing!
What You Will Need
- precooked ham – you can pick-up a fresh ham (a spiral ham works too) at your local grocery store or butcher shop, just make sure it is the right size to fit (depending on the size of your slow cooker).
- orange juice – great for adding so much moisture, plus some citrus flavor! You could also use pineapple juice.
- butter – a smooth and flavorful base to this classic ham glaze.
- brown sugar – added for a touch of sweetness, option to swap for coconut sugar if you want.
- ground cinnamon & allspice – classic spices that bring so much flavor to this glaze.
- dijon mustard – just a little bit, because ham and mustard are a perfect pairing!
How To Make A Crockpot Ham
To start making this easy recipe, use a sharp paring knife to score the outside of your ham. This is done by making horizontal cuts and then vertical cuts across the top to create a checkerboard pattern.
Now place the whole ham in the crockpot with the orange juice.
In a small bowl, mix together all of the glaze ingredients until fully combined.
Now brush half of the brown sugar glaze on top of the ham with a basting brush.
Turn the slow cooker to the low setting and let it cook for about 4-5 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F (use a meat thermometer). During the last 10-15 minutes of cooking time, brush on the rest of the ham glaze, cover, and finish cooking.
Once the slow cooker ham is full cooked, remove it from the crock pot, and let it rest for about 15 minutes before carving.
What To Serve With A Crockpot Ham
After the cooked ham has rested for 15 minutes, it can be carved with a large kitchen knife, and then served with a variety of delicious sides. Some of our favorite holiday side dishes are:
- leftovers: some ham leftover recipes might even be better than the holiday dinner! We love using our leftover ham to make basic ham sandwiches, ham bone soup, split pea soup with ham, and tossing some in our breakfast to make ham and egg cups.
- storage: the flavorful ham leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days before making one of those delicious leftover recipes.
- freezing: if you can’t use the leftover ham in those 3 days, you can easily store it in a freezer-safe container in the freezer for about 2 months.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Crockpot Ham – a delicious, easy and no-fuss slow cooker ham recipe that is perfect for Easter, Christmas or any holiday meal! Glaze included!
- 7–8lb ham
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Score ham with sharp paring knife and place cut side down in the slow cooker. Add orange juice to the bottom of the pan.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice and dijon mustard. Stir to combine.
- Use a basting brush to brush 1/2 of the brown sugar mixture all over the ham – reserve the remaining glaze for later.
- Cover slow cooker and set to LOW.
- Let cook until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F. at it’s thickest point (approx. 4-5 hours, may take longer depending upon how big the bone is – will take less time if it is a boneless ham). With 10-15 minutes remaining on the cook time, brush on the remaining half of the glaze and cover until done.
- Remove and let the fully cooked ham rest 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
- Serving Size: 6oz
- Calories: 411
- Sugar: 3.9 g
- Sodium: 121.5 mg
- Fat: 19.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Protein: 51.9 g
- Cholesterol: 172.5 mg
Keywords: crockpot ham, slow cooker ham