Mexican Street Corn Salad – an amazing side dish that everyone is going to love!! So much flavor and those pops of sweetness from the corn is amazing!
- 6 ears of grilled sweet corn (or appprox. 4 cups of corn)*
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled (dairy-free works just as well!)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1–2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- (optional) grated cotija cheese for topping
Grilled Sweet Corn (see Notes for alternative methods):
- Heat grill to 450 degrees F.
- Place clean, shucked ears of sweet corn on plate or baking sheet.
- Very lightly drizzle with olive oil.
- Use your hands to massage oil into each ear of corn.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Grill on direct, high heat for a total of 10-12 minutes, turning every 2-3 minutes with grill tongs.
- Remove when corn is slightly charred.
- Let cool slightly and then use a knife to cut off the kernels of corn.
Mexican Street Corn Salad:
- Combine corn, mayo, feta, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, paprika salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Taste and add additional lime juice, chili powder, feta or any other ingredient, as desired.
- Top with grated cotija cheese, if desired.
- *Corn: Grilling your corn is the preferred – the flavor is so much better! But, I totally get it that we don’t always have time to do that. Here are some alternate methods: Microwave Sweet Corn: leave the husk on and place corn in microwave one at a time. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes. Remove husk and cut off corn for salad. Boiled Sweet Corn: Bring large pot of water to a low boil. Remove husk and silk from corn and place in boiling water. Let boil 4-5 minutes. Remove from water and let cool. Cut off kernels of corn for salad.
- Frozen/Canned Corn: Frozen corn should work fine if you are in a pinch, but canned corn might be a little too mushy and I don’t think the texture would work well here!
- Dairy-Free Feta: this is a great dairy-free feta!
- Red Onion: feel free to add as much or as little as you like of this, but I would recommend at least a little!
- Got leftovers: make some Mexican Street Corn Burgers or Mexican Street Corn Nachos!!
Keywords: Mexican street corn salad