Spicy Avocado Toast + Roasted Tomatoes and Poached Egg is a simple, healthy breakfast that is quick enough for the weekday and special enough for the weekend.
I know everyone has their favorite version of avocado toast, well this is mine. It’s simple, classic, just spicy enough and covered in a beautiful runny egg. If you are looking for a new favorite breakfast, this seriously needs to be it. Avocado rose or not, this is an awesome way to start your day.
You start with your favorite sourdough bread (although who are we kidding, any kind of bread would probably be good under all of this wonderfulness). Then, you add your avocado – I chose an avocado rose, but feel free to cut your avocado into slices or even just mash it up. Add your roasted tomatoes and a poached egg. Sprinkle with your desired amount of red pepper flakes and some salt and boom – super-awesome breakfast complete.
My other favorite way to eat avocado toast is similar, just take your avocado, mash it up and mix in about a teaspoon or so of siracha and spread it over your toast. Eat it plain that way or throw an egg on top. Heck, scramble your eggs and put them on top. There are so many possibilities with avocado toast.
If you need any other ideas to mix up your breakfast selection, check out our recipe for Blackberry Compote served over greek yogurt – delectable. Also, stay tuned – I will be writing a follow up to my How Big is 100,000 (my self-inflicted challenge for 2017)!
Hope you guys are enjoying your weekend!
- 1 slice sourdough bread (toasted, if you want)
- ½ avocado (mashed, sliced or rose)
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1 egg
- red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Placed diced tomato on cookie sheet and sprinkle with a little salt.
- Roast for 5-7 minutes, checking periodically and stirring about halfway through. They should start to char just a little and then they are ready to come out.
- Take your sourdough bread/toast and add avocado, roasted tomatoes and poached egg.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and your desired amount of red pepper flakes (I would start with about ⅛ teaspoon, but if you like it hot, go nuts!)
- Serve immediately.
Also, if you a diggin the photography board, don’t forget you can easily get your very own – visit our Etsy Store!