No matter how you plan on cooking your chicken, our Greek Chicken Marinade recipe will get the job done. With classic Greek flavors of oregano, lemon, and red wine vinegar, your chicken will turn out juicy and delectable every single time. Make it a meal and serve your marinated chicken on our yummy hummus bowls.
Easy and Flavorful Greek Chicken Marinade
With all of the chicken recipes out there, it’s nice to have a few staple marinades in your back pocket. This easy Greek chicken marinade recipe uses easy to find spices and ingredients that will leave you with tender, juicy chicken every time. We love using this marinade on chicken thighs served with our greek cucumber salad or our warm Greek pasta. And we promise that the extra step of homemade marinade will be well worth it after you take your first bite.
What You Will Need
- chicken thighs – bone-in, skin-on are our favorite variety for juicy, tender bites of chicken.
- avocado oil – Feel free to substitute this for a high quality extra virgin olive oil.
- red wine vinegar – A robust tang that will make your chicken extra tender.
- fresh lemon juice – Some citrus to elevate all of the spices.
- kosher salt & ground black pepper – You can’t leave out the classics.
- dried oregano leaves – Provides a pungent and slightly minty flavor.
- dried coriander – Refreshing, tart, and citrusy.
- garlic powder – A full bodied spice that adds depth and a bit of spiciness.
- marjoram – A delicate and sweet spice that is similar to oregano.
- garlic – Fresh garlic is a must to add texture and some heat.
- dijon mustard – Tangy, sharp, and a bit of heat goes a long way.
How To Make Greek Marinade For Chicken
It’s always a good idea to start by gathering and measuring all of the ingredients. There’s nothing worse than starting a recipe and realizing halfway through that you’re out of something.
Place all of your measured ingredients into a small mixing bowl.
Use a whisk to thoroughly combine all of the ingredients.
What Type Of Chicken To Use
We love this marinade with bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs as these added elements add more flavor, but you could easily swap them out for skinless and boneless chicken thighs or boneless skinless chicken breasts.
Place chicken of choice in a casserole dish or medium bowl and pat dry with a clean paper towel.
Pour the marinade over the top of raw chicken, making sure that all the pieces are fully coated. For the best results, cover the container and keep it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or overnight for the fullest flavor.
You can also marinade your chicken in a ziplock bag or our personal favorite, Stasher bags. Marinating meats in advance is one of our favorite ways to speed. up meal prep and get maximum flavor in all of our proteins.
Once your chicken is done marinading, discard the used marinade and get ready to cook your chicken on the grill, on the cast iron skillet, or baked in the oven. No matter which option you chose, you’ll be left with tender, juicy, and delicious chicken. Using an instant-read thermometer, be sure that the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- boneless chicken thighs – You can also use boneless chicken thighs in place of bone-in, skin-on.
- storage – Store leftover cooked chicken thighs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- serving – We love marinated greek chicken thighs to make our delicious hummus bowls.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Greek Chicken Marinade
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Marinate Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Marinade
- Method: Counter Top
- Cuisine: Greek-Inspired
Greek Chicken Marinade – the best Greek chicken marinade recipe that is packed with flavor and perfect no matter how you are cooking!
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Pat chicken thighs dry (trim excess skin, if necessary) and place in a reusable silicone bag or glass container. Pour marinade over top and ensure chicken is fully coated.
- Seal/cover and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Cook chicken on the stovetop, on the grill or on the smoker!
- Boneless chicken thighs: you can also use boneless chicken thighs if you prefer in place of the bone-in and skin-on.
- Storage: discard any excess marinade – store leftover cooked chicken thighs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Serving: we love using the chicken to make these delicious Hummus Bowls!
Keywords: greek chicken marinade
Leave a Rating & Comment