Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes – a quick, easy and simple way to get creamy and delicious mashed sweet potatoes every time!
- 5–6 medium/large sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1/4 cup ghee (or butter)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Peel the sweet potatoes. Cut each sweet potato into about 6-8 chunks.
- Add potato chunks to your Instant Pot and then add enough water to just barely cover them.
- Secure the cover on your InstantPot.
- Cook on HIGH pressure for 8 minutes.
- Manually release pressure immediately (according to manufacturer’s instructions).
- Drain the potatoes and return to Instant Pot.
- Add ghee (or butter), maple syrup, coconut milk and salt.
- Use a hand mixer to mix.
- Taste and add additional ghee, maple syrup, coconut milk or salt as desired.
- Serve immediately.
- Peeling Potatoes: Peeling the potatoes are optional, but it will turn out creamier if you do peel them.
- Coconut Milk: You could also sub in almond milk here, but coconut milk makes them a little extra creamy. I prefer this carton of coconut milk.
- Ghee: To keep this recipe Whole30/Paleo use ghee, but you can easily sub butter if you prefer.
- Hand Mixer: You could also just use a potato masher here, but I prefer to whip them with a hand mixer. Use whatever you prefer.
- Serving: Feel free to serve with a little extra maple syrup or even some chopped walnuts.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5-6 days.
- Cook Time: The 8 minute cook time does not include the few minutes it will take for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure.
- Halving the Recipe: Feel free to half the recipe for a smaller crowd!
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 76
- Sugar: 6.1 g
- Sodium: 52.4 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.5 g
- Protein: 0.6 g
- Cholesterol: 10.2 mg
Keywords: instant pot mashed sweet potatoes