Sweet Potato Tacos + Maple Tahini – a delicious and easy meatless Monday option!
Easy Sweet Potato Tacos
Perfect for Meatless Monday!
I am always looking for fun and delicious dinners that are meatless – we really try to work in one per week – but sometimes it is hard to find one that everyone likes! I promise that won’t be a problem with this recipe!! Completely kid-friendly! If you are looking for more Meatless Monday recipes here are 30+ ideas for you to check out!
Best kind of tortillas to use
Use your favorite kind! But I really enjoy a lot of the grain-free options out there these days! I love the Siete brand, but otherwise I like to grab the more homemade corn tortillas.
What if I want to add additional protein
If you wanted to add additional protein (behind the back beans) you could add some tofu or some roasted chicken!
These would be really easy to make ahead of time! Just prep all the ingredients and have them ready to go in the fridge. You can prep them for work or just whip them up for dinner quickly and easily!
Other recipes you might like:
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account – Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!Print
Sweet Potato Tacos + Maple Tahini
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: Approx. 4 servings
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven + Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Sweet Potato Tacos + Maple Tahini – An easy and delicious plant-based dinner option!!
- 1 cup black beans, drained
- 1 cup corn (canned or frozen work, simply thaw if they are frozen)
- 2–3 cups fresh kale, chopped
- 1–2 sweet potatoes, cubed (peel if you want to!)
- 8 small tortillas
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1–2 Tablespoons real maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut sweet potato into small cubes (peel if you want to), toss with a little avocado oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are soft, but firm.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, bring a skillet to medium heat and add a tablespoon of avocado oil. Add chopped kale and stir to coat in oil, sprinkle with salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes and then transfer to a bowl.
- Open and drain the corn and black beans.
- Combine the Sauce ingredients in small bowl.
- To serve take a tortilla and add sautéed kale, black beans, corn and roasted sweet potato. Drizzle with maple tahini.
Keywords: sweet potato tacos, sweet potato and black bean tacos
Leave a Rating & Comment