This quick process for Instant Pot Cauliflower is so simple and only requires 3 real ingredients! You will have perfectly cooked cauliflower florets, that are not at all mushy, in a matter of minutes. An easy side dish that will go with anything!
Quick & Easy Instant Pot Cauliflower
Easiest recipe ever, you guys! Roasted cauliflower is one of my favorite foods – it so simple and delicious – but sometimes you don’t have enough time. So if you are looking for a quick and easy way to cook your whole head of cauliflower, this is the way to go! I am currently obsessed with all things Instant Pot® and have been playing around with it a TON! Excited to share some fun new recipes with you guys. Here is the Instant Pot® that I have and love!
And if you are looking to make cauliflower rice, we have a great tutorial that will tell you everything you need to know!
What You Will Need
- fresh head of cauliflower – just make sure you remove the leaves and stem before cooking. It will sit in the Instant Pot better that way and then you won’t have to do this step when it’s hot.
- extra virgin olive oil – just enough to rub on the outside of the cauliflower.
- kosher salt & ground black pepper – you can never go wrong with simple seasonings but feel free to add any other flavors you want, garlic powder, lemon pepper, or maybe a little chili powder for a little bit of a kick.
- water – you always need at least a cup of liquid when using a pressure cooker.
How To Cook A Whole Head Of Cauliflower In The Instant Pot
This process could not be easier, first cut off the bottom leaves and stem of your cauliflower so the bottom is flat.
Add 1 cup water to your 6 qt. Instant Pot® and place the metal trivet inside.
Rub with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper (or whatever seasonings you want!)
Place the head of cauliflower on top of the trivet. Cook on Manual, High Pressure, 1-2 minute cook time.
Pro tip: Finish under broiler, if desired, for 5 minute increments until you have reached your desired browning. This is great for adding a bit of added crispness to the outside.
How To Serve Instant Pot Cauliflower
The options here are pretty endless. We love to cut them into cauliflower steaks and drizzle our creamy avocado sauce on top! But you could also break them into florets and serve with a grilled spatchcock chicken or some oven baked ribs. Plus there are a ton of great recipes that utilize a whole cooked cauliflower, like our Italian Cauliflower Salad or Simple Buffalo Cauliflower Lettuce Wraps.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
More Instant Pot Recipes You Might Like
Instant Pot® Cauliflower (Whole Cooked)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 1 head cooked cauliflower 1x
- Category: Cauliflower
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Instant Pot® Cauliflower (Whole Cooked) – How to cook a whole head of cauliflower in a matter of minutes in your Instant Pot.
- 1 head of cauliflower (leaves and stem removed)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- Prep cauliflower: Cut off the bottom leaves and stem of your cauliflower so the bottom is flat. Rub with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper (or whatever seasonings you want!)
- Instant Pot: Add 1 cup water to your 6 qt. Instant Pot® and place the metal trivet inside. Place the head of cauliflower on top of the trivet. Cook on manual, High Pressure for 2 minutes. Manually release pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Brown cauliflower (optional): Finish under broiler, if desired, for 5 minute increments until you have reached your desired browning.
- Cut and serve any way you want!
- Instant Pot: Remember to always account for the time required for the Instant Pot to come to pressure – the cook time listed does not account for this.
Keywords: instant pot cauliflower
Thank you so much for this recipe it couldn’t be easier and more yummy.You rock!
Of course!! So glad it is helpful!!
can I freeze the cauliflower after i’ve cooked it (2 mins NR)?
Hi Kathy! Yes, you can freeze it for about 3-6 months. If you think you will ultimately need it chopped up, I would do that before you freeze it to make the thawing process faster! 🙂
Darn, my Yedi instant pot does not have a trivet. I wonder if I can just put it on the bottom of the inner pot?
Hi Cyndi! I haven’t tried it myself so I can’t guarantee results, but since it is there for such a short period of time I honestly think it would be okay – report back if you try it!!! 🙂