Mini Meatloaf is an easy and delicious mini meatloaf muffin recipe that is perfect for busy weeknights and kid-friendly! Simple, real ingredients!
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY:
This post is sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill, the opinions are my own.
Best Ever Mini Meatloaf
I grew up eating meatloaf on regular dinner rotation so it was fun to take my normal meatloaf recipe and make it into little meatloaf muffins! These cook up so much faster than your normal loaf and are just as delicious. Don’t forget that meatloaf glaze to take it to the next level!
Why This Recipe Works
- Shorter Cook Time: since these are just little meatloaf muffins the cook time is much shorter than a whole loaf of meatloaf – makes getting dinner on the table even easier!
- Paleo/Whole30 Friendly: you can easily make this recipe paleo/Whole30!
- Prep-Friendly: you can prep the meatloaf mixture ahead of time for an even quicker meal time prep.
What You Will Need
- ground beef + ground pork: we use about a pound of ground beef and a half pound of ground pork.
- Bob’s Red Mill rolled oats or almond flour: use almond flour if you are paleo/Whole30 – otherwise I recommend using the rolled oats.
- unsweetened almond milk: you can use whatever kind of milk you want really, but unsweetened almond milk is what we recommend.
- egg: this helps bind everything together.
- yellow onion: feel free to use as much or as little of this as you want, but around a 1/2 cup.
- meatloaf seasoning: this is our own mix of onion powder, ground mustard, etc. It’s included in the recipe card below.
- meatloaf glaze (optional): this is totally optional – otherwise feel free to use your favorite ketchup or eat it plain.
How Long to Cook Mini Meatloaf
We cook these at 350 degrees F. for about 20-30 minutes or until fully cooked (160 degrees F. internal temp).
What to Serve
We love serving these with:
How to Make Mini Meatloaf
Prep your ingredients.
Add everything but the glaze ingredients to a medium mixing bowl.
Stir to combine.
Divide mixture between 12 muffin tins. Let cook and then remove from oven. Blot some of the grease off of the tops of the muffins and then add the glaze. Put back into the oven for about 5 more minutes so the glaze gets tacky.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Mini Meatloaf – this easy + delicious mini meatloaf muffin recipe is perfect for busy weeknights and kid-friendly! Simple, real ingredients!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill rolled oats or almond flour*
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 batch meatloaf glaze (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine ground beef, ground pork, oats (or almond flour), unsweetened almond milk, egg, onion, salt, pepper, ground mustard, onion powder and garlic powder.
- If you want you can spray your regular-sized muffin tin with olive oil.
- Divide meatloaf mixture evenly between the 12 muffin tins (approx. 2-3 tablespoons per muffin tin).
- Place in oven, middle rack and let cook 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make your meatloaf glaze.
- Remove meatloaf muffins from oven and blot the tops dry with a clean paper towel. Brush on meatloaf glaze and return to oven for 5-10 minutes or until meatloaf muffins are fully cooked (160 degrees internal temp).
- Serve immediately.
- Paleo: to keep paleo use almond flour instead of rolled oats.
- Storage: store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords: mini meatloaf