Irish Cold Brew + Cream and Sugar – a spin on classic Irish coffee, this St. Patrick’s Day cocktail is made with cold brew, Irish whiskey and stout along with simple sugar and heavy cream.
Tomorrow is St. Patrick’s Day and, just in time, I have this freakin amazing cocktail to add to your St. Patrick’s Day menu! It is a different take on a more traditional Irish coffee (hot coffee, Irish whiskey, sugar and cream) and it is so delicious! Added bonus – it is beautiful!
Now you guys know one of the reasons I posted about how to make cold brew yesterday – it is obviously a key ingredient in this beautiful glass of deliciousness (but honestly who doesn’t want to know how to make cold brew…it’s just good information to have).
I have honestly never been to Ireland (yet – definitely on my bucket list), but my mom and brother have and they absolutely raved about the Irish coffee they had there. That was my inspiration. I wanted to mix up the classic recipe a bit, so I used cold brew instead of hot coffee, and added a bit of Guinness (stout) for good measure (Guinness is always appropriate). Other than that I actually kept fairly consistent with the traditional recipe, except I used simple syrup instead of sugar since cold liquids aren’t really conducive to sugar dissolving. The result is a wonderfully delicate version of Irish coffee that combines so many wonderfully Irish flavors. I know you guys will love it!
(And yes, I am sure you will survive if you simply use iced coffee instead of cold brew – I don’t think the recipe will fall apart! 🙂 )
Real quick – if you guys are still wishy washy about what you should make for St. Patty’s Day – here you go. A foolproof St. Patrick’s Day menu, just for you!
Perfect St. Patrick’s Day menu:
Irish Cold Brew + Cream and Sugar
Done and done.
Don’t forget to learn how to make your own homemade Cold Brew – it is super easy!
I hope you guys have a fabulous St. Patrick’s Day – I would love to see what you made!
Make sure to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action (I am usually embarrassing myself in the stories…) yay me! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Don’t forget to check out our Etsy Store for all the different we photography boards we have available!
- 2.5 oz cold brewed coffee (if you don't have cold brew, iced coffee will work, it will just taste a little stronger)
- 2 oz stout (Guinness is what I used)
- 1¼ oz Irish whiskey (I used Jameson)
- 1 - 2 oz simple syrup (depending upon how sweet you like it - maybe start with 1oz and add additional as you wish)
- 1 oz heavy cream
- Combine the cold brew, stout, whiskey and syrup in a glass.
- Add ice (leave enough room for the cream).
- Pour cream around the outside of the glass and watch it slowly fall down through the ice cubes.
- Serve immediately and add any additional simple syrup according to taste.