Smoked Pulled Pork Sandwiches
I told you I had other recipes for leftover Smoked Pork Shoulder – here is a go-to – Smoked Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Purple Cabbage Slaw with Cilantro and Anaheim Peppers. Throw your favorite BBQ sauce on there and put it together on your favorite brioche bun – and I will take that for lunch or dinner any day of the week.
I already have a dedicated post to the Smoked Pork Shoulder, so I won’t belabor the smokey-wonderfulness that is my husband’s smoked pork should recipe (the rub is a spicy, smokey combination and the smoked pork just falls apart…..cue drool….). It is a must-try.
This is a recipe for the next day, after you made the 7 pound pork shoulder for 4 people and have bucket-loads of leftovers. You can heat up the pork by roasting it in the oven or even broiling it for several minutes. Grab your favorite bun, load on some pulled pork, then pour on some of your favorite BBQ sauce, finally mix up some purple slaw (with lots of cilantro) and call it a day.
You could also try some Spicy North Carolina BBQ Sauce – a fun spin on the typical BBQ sauce – which also pairs well with the purple slaw.
There is just something about the spicy/smokiness with the self-marinated pork, a little tang from your BBQ sauce, and then the fresh crunch and smell of the purple cabbage and cilantro – all of those flavors melding between two pieces of wonderful bread …… it is the thing of cook-out dreams! You need to experience it.
The perfect use for your leftover pork shoulder!
- 1 1/2 cup smoked pork shoulder (pulled)
- 4 Tablespoons of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 cup Purple Cabbage Coleslaw with Cilantro and Anaheim peppers
- 4 large buns (brioche or other favorite)
- Warm up smoked pulled pork – this can be done by placing on cookie sheet and broiling on high for 5 minutes or until thoroughly warmed.
- Take buns and place opened on plate.
- Add approx. 1/4 cup smoked pulled pork on bottom of bun.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of BBQ sauce on top of pork.
- Add 1/4 cup coleslaw.
- Place top of bun on top.
- Eat. Enjoy. Savor.