These delicious Pulled Pork Sandwiches are packed with great flavor and is the perfect way to serve a crowd at your next family dinner, backyard cookout, or for one of your next large gatherings! The combination of tender and saucy pulled pork, creamy coleslaw, and tangy BBQ sauce is out of this world! You will definitely want to add this to your list of easy dinner recipes!
The Best Pulled Pork Sandwich Recipe
There is simply nothing better than a delicious pulled pork sandwich, throw the best bbq sauce on and put it together on your favorite brioche bun – I will take that for lunch or dinner any day of the week. This is a simple recipe that is great for the next day! After you make our easy pulled pork recipe and have loads of leftovers. You can heat up the leftover juices and meat by roasting it in the oven or even broiling it for several minutes.
There is just something about the spicy/smokiness with the self-marinated pork, a little tang from your BBQ sauce, and then the fresh crunch and smell of the purple cabbage and cilantro – all of those flavors melding between two pieces of wonderful bread it is what dreams are made of! They are the best pulled pork sandwiches!
What You Will Need
- pulled pork – no matter if you have smoked pulled pork, slow cooker pulled pork, or Instant Pot pulled pork, they all have a ton of great flavor! We like to use a boneless pork shoulder from the local butcher shop, it’s the best cut of pork.
- BBQ sauce – option to pick up your favorite barbecue sauce at the local grocery store or make an easy homemade BBQ sauce.
- coleslaw – we chose to make our spicy purple cabbage coleslaw, but you could also use a more tradtional creamy coleslaw.
- hamburger buns – any of your favorite bun varieties would work! We love using brioche buns, but you could also use whole wheat, gluten-free, slider buns, etc.
How To Make Pulled Pork Sandwiches
The first steps to making this pork sandwiches recipe are to season and smoke the boneless pork shoulder. If you are using leftover pulled pork that is already cooked, you can simply place it on a cookie sheet in a single layer under the broiler (high heat) for about 5 minutes or until warmed through.
Other Cooking Techniques For Making Pulled Pork
We love the smoky flavor that comes from smoked pork shoulder (or a smoked pork butt). But you can also easily make pulled pork in the slow cooker or Instant Pot (or pressure cooker). And if you have a sous vide, you can cook it that way too! Just make sure you use our pork shoulder dry rub!
While the pork cooks, grab a large bowl, and mix together all of the quick slaw ingredients. Cover with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and let it chill in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
Now it’s time for everyone to assemble their own sandwiches. Start with the bottom bun, pile on the shredded pork, pour on the BBQ sauce, and a generous scoop of homemade coleslaw.
Finally, place the other half of the bun on top and enjoy!
What To Serve With Pulled Pork Sandwiches
There are so many easy side dish recipes that would be great with this smoked pulled pork sandwich! A few of our favorites are smoked baked beans, grilled corn on the cob, smoked broccoli, potato salad, or a fresh strawberry spinach salad. There are so many great options. If you are serving a crowd, try to offer everyone a variety of options.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, check out my Instagram account or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Other Pulled Pork Recipes You Might Like
Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 sandwiches 1x
- Category: Sandwich
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Pulled Pork Sandwiches – a delicious, flavorful pulled pork sandwich recipe with smoked pulled pork and an easy coleslaw!
- 1 1/2 cup pulled pork (smoked, crock pot, or Instant Pot)
- 4 tablespoons of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 cup Purple Cabbage Coleslaw
- 4 large hamburger buns (brioche or other favorite)
- Open each large bun and place on a plate.
- Add approx. 1/4 cup pulled pork on bottom of bun.
- Add 1 tablespoon of BBQ sauce on top of pork.
- Add 1/4 cup of the coleslaw.
- Place top of bun on top.
- Enjoy with some delicious side dishes, like Smoked Baked Beans and Cornbread!
- Warming Pulled Pork: if you are using leftover pulled pork that has been refrigerated, we recommend warming it up on a cookie sheet and broiling on high for 5 minutes or until warmed through.
- Storage: any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. Just keep the pulled pork separate from the coleslaw to make it easier to warm up.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 347
- Sugar: 25.8 g
- Sodium: 966.5 mg
- Fat: 6.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 53.9 g
- Protein: 12.8 g
- Cholesterol: 33.2 mg
Keywords: pulled pork sandwiches
Leave a Rating & Comment