Ultimate Comfort Food: Mom’s Best Meatloaf Recipe – a comforting and delicious meal that is Whole30/Paleo!
Seriously the best meatloaf recipe ever. Perfect every time.
I know some people’s initial reaction to meatloaf is …. eh meatloaf? I know. I get it. But you HAVE to try this version. It is one of my absolute favorite meals and my girls devour it every time!
This is one of those recipes that brings back just a million memories from my childhood – my mom made this all the time and it has always been a family favorite. I don’t know if I have ever tried another meatloaf recipe that I liked other than this one. And if you prep it ahead of time (or prep 2 of them ahead of time because – hello- I love leftovers) then you can just pop it in the oven when you get home! I love serving it with a baked potato (with dairy-free sour cream) and some simple roasted broccolini!
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ lb ground pork
- (Note: if you don't have ground pork you can just use 1.5lbs of ground beef)
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- ½ Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ cup almond flour (if you aren't worried about Whole30/Paleo you can sub ½ cup oats)
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg
- ½-3/4 cup diced yellow onion
- Preheat oven to 350
- Add all ingredients into medium mixing bowl and mix thoroughly (I usually just use my hands)
- Place mixture in bread pan, making sure it is evenly spread out.
- (I usually take some more salt and pepper and sprinkle on top for a little "crust")
- Bake for 1.5 hours.
- (We usually serve with ketchup - but feel free to use whatever you want!)